Windows 10: PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option

Discus and support PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Basically title. I have had this issue forever.After installing updates I can choose between Update and Restart and Update and SHut down.But if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaksymMalovichcko, Sep 18, 2021.

1. PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option

Basically title. I have had this issue forever.After installing updates I can choose between Update and Restart and Update and SHut down.But if I choose "update and shut down", the PC will install updates, then restart, install rest of the updates and be back to log-in screen. SO it never shuts down unless I manually open the meny and press the shut-down button. This is surely not intended behaviour. How do I fix this?

:)

MaksymMalovichcko, Sep 18, 2021
  2. MikeKod Win User

windows 10 "shut down" option restarts the pc

I am really frustrated, I bought my laptop yesterday and I haven't been able to shut it down since!

Whenever I choose the shut down option the pc restarts instead. I even set the laptop power button to the option "shut down" and even that does not work, the pc instead of shutting down is restarting. I disabled the "turn on fast startup" but didn't help either.
    Please help!

MikeKod, Sep 18, 2021
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option :confused:*Mad PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Sep 18, 2021
  4. PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option

everlasting "Update and shut down" option

Every time i want to power off my pc, instead the normal and usual "Shut down" option I get the typical "Update and shut down" which i guess is normal if you are in the middle of an update process, but it doesn't matter how many times I restart / shut down, the "Update and shut down" option never left. I guess this is about the "creators update".
    Solution?

marcosdipaolo, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option

1. PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option - Similar Threads - Restarts instead shutting

2. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  3. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  4. pc updating instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc updating instead of shutting down: so sometimes when i have a windows update i dont want to do it at that time so i just turn off my pc,but the it still updates my pc without asking and i know when i turn it off there is an option for turning off without updating and i pressed it,but still it updated how do i...
  5. pc updating instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc updating instead of shutting down: so sometimes when i have a windows update i dont want to do it at that time so i just turn off my pc,but the it still updates my pc without asking and i know when i turn it off there is an option for turning off without updating and i pressed it,but still it updated how do i...
  6. pc updating instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  8. Computer restarts instead of shutting down

Computer restarts instead of shutting down: I don't know if this is a computer glitch or a Microsoft one. Lately, maybe since the last update, when I shut off the computer, it restarts instead. Not consistently, but maybe about half the time. I get the screen that says it's shutting down with the little circling dots...
  9. PC restart when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC restart when shut down: My PC just started to restart when I press turn off idk why and it’s never happened before it’s just like I press shut down go for a sec and when I back the pc like restarted it’s not happening sec time like when I click turn off again it’s shutting down but the problem is...
  10. Windows restarts instead of shutting down

Windows restarts instead of shutting down: Hi all, I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 laptop with Windows 10. In the beginning, when I wanted to shut down Windows, that worked as expected. But at a certain point in time maybe after a Windows update, Windows restarts every time when I select shutdown. The only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update updating and restarting when shut off