Windows 10: PC Restarts Itself, then Stuck on POST

Discus and support PC Restarts Itself, then Stuck on POST in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my sister's PC has been seriously unstable over this month. PC oftenly restarts itself and then stuck on POST. At first, this is only happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cliffflip, Oct 15, 2018.

1. cliffflip Win User

PC Restarts Itself, then Stuck on POST

Hi, my sister's PC has been seriously unstable over this month. PC oftenly restarts itself and then stuck on POST. At first, this is only happening max. once in a day. Now it got worse, I can't even use Windows more than 30 minutes, as the PC will restart again and stuck. The specs are :

AMD Thuban 1090T
    MSI 890FXA-GD70
    2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
    AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB
    WDC Green 2TB
    Enermax NAXN 500W

The BIOS stuck with either "Initializing USB controller" or "Initializing USB controller...Done", Normally, IIRC, after showing those info, POST checks RAM and HDD. So I did some tests :

Things I did :
    1. Resetting RAM on all sockets, this including only use 1 stick on each socket
    2. Use different GPU card (Radeon R7 260X 1GB)
    3. Clean up disk space in all partitions so the bar on Windows Explorer stays on blue
    4. Unplug the SATA data cable from HDD (No disk in the PC) and let the PC boots with Ubuntu 18.04 live USB

It didn't solve the problem, even when I "Try" Ubuntu from live USB, PC seems to lose power and stuck again on POST. When this problem occurs, the LED debug code on mobo shows "38" (or "3B"?). I'm positive this is not a temperature as when I start the PC anytime it goes around ~40c.

Next component I suspect could be the issue is the PSU, but it's relatively new (2 years old) so I doubt it and it seems other components (LEDs, system fan, USB ports, etc) running just fine. So I'm stuck with the processor or mainboard, both bought from late 2010 (8yo), but I don't have any spare processor and mainboard right now. Both processor and mainboard temperature sensors, from what I can see in HWMonitor, is around 40c-50c.

Could processor/mainboard be the issue? And how to determine that either of them is the problem?

Thanks in advance PC Restarts Itself, then Stuck on POST :)

:)

cliffflip, Oct 15, 2018

2. Pc stucks at restarting.

Hi Ram,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform the Startup Repair and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button and click on the Settings option.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend suggest you to enable the fast startup.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start icon and select Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted).
    • Check the Turn on Fast startup (Recommended) box.
    • Click on Save changes.
    • Restart the computer.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

PC Restarts Itself, then Stuck on POST [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

PC Restarts Itself, then Stuck on POST [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 15, 2018
  4. PC Restarts Itself, then Stuck on POST

MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

PC Restarts Itself, then Stuck on POST

1. PC Restarts Itself, then Stuck on POST - Similar Threads - Restarts Itself Stuck

2. PC Restart Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restart Itself: We have IPC from Beckhoff installed on our folding MachinePC restart itself without any permission during the normal operation of machine one surprising scenerio is occuring here The Scenerio is that "the pc restart itself only when we switch ON the power after one or two...
  3. PC Restart Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restart Itself: We have IPC from Beckhoff installed on our folding MachinePC restart itself without any permission during the normal operation of machine one surprising scenerio is occuring here The Scenerio is that "the pc restart itself only when we switch ON the power after one or two...
  4. PC crashes and restarts itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes and restarts itself.: Hi, my PC crashes and restarts itself. Has been happening couple of times a day.Event 1, WHEA-Logger. Fatal crash.I have replaced and tested with different Motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU and nvme drives.They show the same error. - <Event...
  5. PC crashes and restarts itself.

PC crashes and restarts itself.: Hi, my PC crashes and restarts itself. Has been happening couple of times a day.Event 1, WHEA-Logger. Fatal crash.I have replaced and tested with different Motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU and nvme drives.They show the same error. - <Event...
  6. PC crashes and restarts itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC Stuck and Restarted

PC Stuck and Restarted: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎22-‎04-‎2022 12:22StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: efParameter 1: ffff8589fde83080Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  8. PC Hangs before POST on a restart

PC Hangs before POST on a restart: When REstarting my PC the sequence is as follows, the monitor turns blue, restarting text appears with the circling dots, the screen goes black, fans speed up and no signal led flashes on the monitor. At this point, I press the on/off button for five seconds to perform a soft...
  9. PC restarts itself

PC restarts itself: I bought a new Lenovo laptop and installed some softwares on it like Autocad, 3D Max and Photoshop plus to Microsoft office. when I'm trying to make file save as,the PC shows me a blue screen and start itself as attached Could you help me with this problem whether it...
  10. PC Restarting by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting by itself: Hi my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use. I'll leave the PC with a browser window up or just on the desktop and when I come back a while later it is at the login screen. As far as I can tell...