Windows 10: PC restarts on it's one

Discus and support PC restarts on it's one in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! For the last two/three months i've been having this recurring problem, my 1 yr old pc it's restarting on it's one. At the start it was once per a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AnyaFv, Aug 13, 2020.

1. /u/AnyaFv Win User

PC restarts on it's one

Hi!

For the last two/three months i've been having this recurring problem, my 1 yr old pc it's restarting on it's one. At the start it was once per a couple of days, but now it can happen 7+ times in a single day, which renders the pc usless. In these months i've tried a clean start, the sfc/dism clean, using a local user, and even a clean windows install, but the problem is still there. I've run several tests, but the power source seems fine, as well as the grafics card/processor.

When you look at the event viewer, before evety crash this process happens "npsvctrig" (eventID 6). Idk if it's related or not, but it's driving me insane, and i need this pc to work. Any ideas?

specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/BVGtAolq8T5pqX3avwjYpdp

submitted by /u/AnyaFv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AnyaFv, Aug 13, 2020

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

PC restarts on it's one [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

PC restarts on it's one [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Sep 5, 2020
  4. PC restarts on it's one

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

PC restarts on it's one

1. PC restarts on it's one - Similar Threads - restarts

2. PC restarts intermittently when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts intermittently when gaming: Whenever I play games, my PC will randomly restarts to normal mode or restarts to safe mode. Workaround is to uninstall the GPU driver on Device Manager. Then restart and it will restart back to Normal Mode. CPU and GPU temps are in acceptable range 60-70°CEvent Viewer shows...
  3. PC restarts intermittently when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restarts intermittently when gaming: Whenever I play games, my PC will randomly restarts to normal mode or restarts to safe mode. Workaround is to uninstall the GPU driver on Device Manager. Then restart and it will restart back to Normal Mode. CPU and GPU temps are in acceptable range 60-70°CEvent Viewer shows...
  4. PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10

PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10: Hi - this random restart problem only started recently. I followed the Wiki guide at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 I have provided a link to the 3no. files as suggested -...
  5. PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10: Hi - this random restart problem only started recently. I followed the Wiki guide at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 I have provided a link to the 3no. files as suggested -...
  6. PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. why my pc keep auto restart / blue screen everytime i play this game ? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my pc keep auto restart / blue screen everytime i play this game ? Windows 11: why my pc keep auto restart / blue screen everytime i play this game called solo leveling arise ?and other game i dont encounter this problemcan some1 help me ? i try to provide dumpfilehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1dRnSOw4AZ4k15hwS6_Srip5fQpwWeIzt/view?usp=sharing...
  8. why my pc keep auto restart / blue screen everytime i play this game ? Windows 11

why my pc keep auto restart / blue screen everytime i play this game ? Windows 11: why my pc keep auto restart / blue screen everytime i play this game called solo leveling arise ?and other game i dont encounter this problemcan some1 help me ? i try to provide dumpfilehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1dRnSOw4AZ4k15hwS6_Srip5fQpwWeIzt/view?usp=sharing...
  9. Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start: I have a pc build of below specs been using it about a year:Ryzen 5 3400gMsi b550m pro vdh wifi I know that this mobo doesn't officially support the cpu but 1.5 years back I faced a problem with my old mobo b450m so the company replaced me with current one as they didn't had...
  10. Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start

Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start: I have a pc build of below specs been using it about a year:Ryzen 5 3400gMsi b550m pro vdh wifi I know that this mobo doesn't officially support the cpu but 1.5 years back I faced a problem with my old mobo b450m so the company replaced me with current one as they didn't had...