Windows 10: Pc restarts/screen turn off power led still on when you enter the game

Discus and support Pc restarts/screen turn off power led still on when you enter the game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Specs is CPU A8-7650k Gpu Gtx 760 Ram 2x4Gb kingston motherboard Gigabyte Ga-f2a68Hm I don't know what brand my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joe AngeloTurreda, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Pc restarts/screen turn off power led still on when you enter the game

Specs is CPU A8-7650k
    Gpu Gtx 760
    Ram 2x4Gb kingston
    motherboard Gigabyte Ga-f2a68Hm
    I don't know what brand my psu Is cause I just bought it as a 2nd hand I've been told its just a true rated 80+ 650W and just bought it around a month before I bought my gpu.
    So my problem started around 2-3 weeks after I installed my gpu the gtx 760. Whenever I enter the game btw I have games like war thunder and dota 2 etc. and the monitor turn offstill has power and my gpu fans spin so fast and will just stop until I turn the pc off. Because I only have 1 psu that has two 6 pin I cannot test if the psu is the problem so I removed the gpu and I can run the games I have without having the same problem. And I tried to put back the gpu and run a game and the problem repeated. So I decided to remove my gpu for about a month. I have another cpu mobo and ram with the same specs and swapped it and the problem is still there and just a few days ago I read something somewhere that the problem might be caused by software. Because my os was corrupted I decided to format it install a new os put a drivers and put back my gpu and started working properly.

But my right now is that only dota 2 causing my pc to restart and I don't think its overheat related because right after I woke up and boot my pc I immediately run dota 2 and the restart problem occur but other games are okay. One thing that puzzles me is that I think dota 2 is cpu intensive and I also play war thunder which is running properly even its gpu intensive so I think the gpu is not the problem if it is the other specs I already tried it by swapping it with other with the same spec aside from psu. I don't really know anymore I am afraid that the might cause other problem. All of this can be solved by just not using the gpu but I really want to use my gpu. I already browse the internet and I seems cannot find the solution. Please understand the frustration and I am just a student and I just want to play games as I have still the time, any help is deeply appreciated thank you.

:)

Joe AngeloTurreda, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Cixoos Win User

Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step.

Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power button and hard reset.

Any ideas?

Cixoos, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Mandroid Win User
    My PC won't turn on after update

I installed some updates while I stepped away from my PC. When I came back I found it like in a hibernation state and irresponsive. I tried disconnecting the power cable and restarted it but nothing. I even tried to put in the installation disc but there's no power to open the tray. I do see an led light, telling me that power is coming in but not enough to boot. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Pc restarts/screen turn off power led still on when you enter the game [​IMG]

Mandroid, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Pc restarts/screen turn off power led still on when you enter the game

Critical Kernel Power 41 (63): Black screen, restart when playing game

Kernel Power 41 63

Computer turns black and automatically restarts when playing high demanding games, no BSOD, not overclocked.

Games that have crashed:

• Far Cry 4
    • The Division
    • Fortnite
    • Overwatch
    • Counter Strike GO
    • Last Man Standing

Specs:

• Cooler master 550w PSU
    • RX 470 4gb
    • Pentium g4560
    • Asrock MATX b250m MOBO
    • 2x 4gb rip jaws RAM
    • WD 1tb HDD
    • Gammamax 300 CPU Cooler

I built the PC myself, errors started when playing high demanding games for the first time. Ran stress tests when first built, prime95 and heaven whilst logging temps for 8 hours, no crashes or high temps (max cup temp 54 C, max gpu temp 76 C). However, when playing games, within an hour, computer crashes (always kernel 41 63). I sent the PC to the outlet where I purchased the parts from, they had their own technicians run tests on all the parts. Initially, they found a fault with the PSU, which was at that time a 500w EVGA bronze. They replaced it with a 550w Cooler master gold. Still experienced 41 63, black out and restarts. Took it back, I said I suspected the MOBO was the issue, so they replaced it under warranty, problem persisted. I took it back for a third time, they took it to their head office, did extensive testing and found a fault with the CPU, they replaced it. Took them 3 weeks to complete... issue is still not resolved.

At this point, my computer has been disassembled and parts replaced multiple times.

Things I have done:

• Updated all drivers (CPU, GPU, BIOS, sound etc)
    • Clean installation of Windows 10 multiple times
    • Stress tested with Heaven and Prime95
    • Logged temperatures while stress testing and playing games, haven’t seen any high temps
    • Disabled and enabled different sound drivers to test for conflicts
    • Replaced PSU, MOBO and CPU

I’ve logged temps when both stress testing and while playing games. Here is my latest HWINFO log when playing Fortnite and then black screen and restart, kernel power 41 63. crash-test.CSV

Happy to run any tests, suggestions and upload further logs. Really stuck on what to do....

gondorcalls, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Pc restarts/screen turn off power led still on when you enter the game

1. Pc restarts/screen turn off power led still on when you enter the game - Similar Threads - restarts screen turn

2. PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...: So, I've had this problem for a while now and it's just now pissing me off, I checked my graphics, card, my CPU, my motherboard temps and none of them are high when I play my game. I play the new MW2 2022 game and it runs just fine no issues, but when I open up CITIES:...
  3. PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...: So, I've had this problem for a while now and it's just now pissing me off, I checked my graphics, card, my CPU, my motherboard temps and none of them are high when I play my game. I play the new MW2 2022 game and it runs just fine no issues, but when I open up CITIES:...
  4. PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power: When I unplug my awake not sleeping laptop from AC power, very often it immediately turns off the screen or even falls asleep.I think I have found the root cause of this. My power options are the following:When plugged inOn batteryTurn off screen after10 mins2 minsGo to sleep...
  6. Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power

Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power: When I unplug my awake not sleeping laptop from AC power, very often it immediately turns off the screen or even falls asleep.I think I have found the root cause of this. My power options are the following:When plugged inOn batteryTurn off screen after10 mins2 minsGo to sleep...
  7. PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power: Hi,I am seeking some help... My PC is turning off randomly no shutdown or errors, just "off" then restarts.Getting some kernal power errors, which i have gone through and tried all the fixes for that... which includes page file, sleep, changing new RAM, testing CPU, RAM and...
  8. PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power

PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power: Hi,I am seeking some help... My PC is turning off randomly no shutdown or errors, just "off" then restarts.Getting some kernal power errors, which i have gone through and tried all the fixes for that... which includes page file, sleep, changing new RAM, testing CPU, RAM and...
  9. Screen turns off, but pc is still running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen turns off, but pc is still running: Hello, When I turn of my laptop, the screen turns off but the fans are still running, and the power led is still on and it takes another 5 to 10 minutes for it to fully turn off. When in safe mode it works just fine. I tried updating the bios, reinstalling windows but the...
  10. Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off: Hi, Since 15 days i am facing issue in waking up of my laptop after sleep mode.Even after pressing any key computer not waking up.I have switch off laptop and have to switch it on again. Further after shut down my power led also not switching off. I have tried all options...