Windows 10: PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again.

Discus and support PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My pc just suddenly goes black and restarts. Sometimes it goes black and the screen wont come on again however the pc is still on. When i try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arash Pahlavan, Jun 12, 2020.

1. PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again.

Hello,

My pc just suddenly goes black and restarts. Sometimes it goes black and the screen wont come on again however the pc is still on. When i try and shut it off by holding down the power button, it doesn't work so I have to go and shut it off from the back. I'm rather sure this inst an overheating problem because I've checked the temperature of my components and all of them are within a good range. This issue also happens and gradually gets more frequent. However after I took all of my components out and put them back in, it kept happening however it began to happen less frequently until it stopped for a month or two until today. Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED. This is a very very irritating issue. on average it happens every 5-10 minutes at its worst.

I don't know much about how windows works however by following a few youtube tutorials I found some logs on event viewer. Please note that these are just one or two examples of restarts that are on event viewer. The reasons can be different. PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again. 0d779cf7-2dc0-4605-a0ea-0441d5c0ac25?upload=true.png PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again. 4ad1c061-7c6d-4317-810a-523395e20278?upload=true.png PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again. 4600de1c-6d07-47ac-b5a0-071e618945f2?upload=true.png PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again. 83664f06-aa49-4609-b0c4-76f72ffd083f?upload=true.png

:)

Arash Pahlavan, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

My home screen appears black with no start menu

Hi Muhamad,

You might be experiencing this issue because of corrupted system files or device drivers. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to reach the sign-in screen when starting your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in the following link:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

If you can reach the sign-in screen, we recommend that you start your PC in safe mode from the sign-in screen.
    Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. Here are the steps:

• When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select the Power
      icon > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or
      F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

Unplug your external devices

When you are at the black screen, try unplugging any peripherals you have plugged in at the time, and wait for a moment. If your screen becomes visible again, plug the peripherals back in one at a time.

Use Safe Mode

If unplugging peripherals not resolve the issue, for each of the troubleshooting steps below, you will need to use Safe Mode to troubleshoot this issue. To enter Safe Mode:

1. Reboot the PC, and when you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you click the Power button and select Restart.
    2. When the system reboots, you will enter the Windows Recovery Environment.Select Troubleshoot, and then Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and Restart. When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
    Reinstall your graphics card driver:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right-click your display adapter and select Uninstall. Then reboot your PC.
    Check the registry

You may also see a black screen after signing in if the user interface has been replaced with software that is incompatible with Windows 10. You can check this in the registry. Warning: This solution will modify the registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Prior to attempting these steps, you should backup the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Run.
    2. Type regedit.exe into the Open text box and click OK.
    3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    4. Click to select the WinLogon key, and then, in the right pane, click Shell. The value of Shell in the Data column should be explorer.exe. If the value of Shell isn't explorer.exe, double-click Shell, and then, in the Value data text field, enter explorer.exe, and then click OK.
    5. Close the Registry Editor and then restart your PC.

Check for a corrupted user account

There could be a problem with the user account. To test this, create a new administrator user account and check if the new account also boots to a black screen:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of your choice):

net user test <password> /add
      net localgroup Administrators test /add

Provided by: Sharath Srinivasa, Microsoft Forum Moderator.

See if any of this works for you,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 12, 2020
  4. PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again.

activation assistant suddenly started openning at start up - windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• In the lock screen, Press the Shift key and click on power icon.
    • Click on Restart anyway.
    • After the system goes to the recovery environment, click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup repair.

Also, suggest you to check if the issue persists in Safe Mode with Networking.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again.

1. PC Restarts suddenly to black then starts up again. - Similar Threads - Restarts suddenly black

2. BSOD just turns black fans stop, and start up again and PC boots again KERNEL 41 63

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD just turns black fans stop, and start up again and PC boots again KERNEL 41 63: Hello, Ive been having this problem on and off for a while and it comes without any real reason, not always under load and unexpectedley.The mini dump file contains the following> Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\012323-5531-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers...
  3. BSOD just turns black fans stop, and start up again and PC boots again KERNEL 41 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD just turns black fans stop, and start up again and PC boots again KERNEL 41 63: Hello, Ive been having this problem on and off for a while and it comes without any real reason, not always under load and unexpectedley.The mini dump file contains the following> Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\012323-5531-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers...
  4. PC asking to restart again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC asking to restart again and again: Stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days and its coming back....
  5. PC asking to restart again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC asking to restart again and again: Stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days and its coming back....
  6. PC asking to restart again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen when PC starts up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when PC starts up: My pc has a black screen whenever it starts up, there's a cursor and you can access task manager and stuff but nothing works. the black screen disappears after a while, is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/_Oopsitsdeleted_ [link] [comments]...
  8. PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason: As the title says, there's really no background to this as I noticed it only a few days ago. When restarting, it now hangs on "Restarting" screen for a few minutes, so booting up is still fast but it takes much longer for the PC to "start" restarting. Windows is installed on...
  9. Pc restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc restarting again and again: I am not having Quick heal in my pc but still i face problem of system restarting and saying llio.sys failed. Please tell me a solution for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarting-again-and-again/804885aa-bc8c-410d-953f-4fedf263ed6c
  10. PC Will not start up or Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Will not start up or Restart: This started last week, after a crucial update I believe, but I cannot be sure. First of all the start and search buttons would not work. I tried many of the repairs found doing a search but none worked, including trying a restore point, which it failed. I then tried...