Windows 10: Pc restarts when I play a game

Discus and support Pc restarts when I play a game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey I’ve gotten this pc recently and it’s in pretty good shape. Now out of nowhere, my pc has been restarting everytime I try to play a game. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayF01, Sep 5, 2021.

1. JayF01 Win User

Pc restarts when I play a game

Hey I’ve gotten this pc recently and it’s in pretty good shape. Now out of nowhere, my pc has been restarting everytime I try to play a game. For example, I can load up the game just fine. I get past the title screen but once I get past that. My screen goes black and my pc just restarts me back to the log in screen. I tried other games but I got the same result. Please help me out.

:)

JayF01, Sep 5, 2021

2. play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Sep 5, 2021
  3. Issue when playing games

Hello,

This issue when you're playing games can be due to incompatible driver since it can be resolved by updating the display driver. However, we would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us the needed information below:

• Which device are you using in playing games?
    • Is this issue happening when you're playing online or offline games?
    • Is there a connected USB device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you try reinstalling the driver instead of updating it. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Looking forward to your response for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Pc restarts when I play a game

PC hangs when playing games and plays boken game audio in the background.

Hi Merskyl,

Thank you for replying back with the status of the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist only when playing games?
    • Do you face similar issues when you play videos using a video player?

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the graphics card driver from
    device manager manually by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter option.
    • Right click on the graphics card driver and select Uninstall option.
    • Restart the computer to reinstall the driver automatically and check if the changes is effective.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Pc restarts when I play a game

1. Pc restarts when I play a game - Similar Threads - restarts play game

2. PC randomly restarts when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarts when playing games: Since about early December 2023, my pc has been restarting while playing video games. I'm trying to include a save of my event viewer but it wont let me attach a file. Ive tried cleaning out and optimizing my airflow as well as reapplying thermal paste in case of a CPU...
  3. PC randomly restarts when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly restarts when playing games: Since about early December 2023, my pc has been restarting while playing video games. I'm trying to include a save of my event viewer but it wont let me attach a file. Ive tried cleaning out and optimizing my airflow as well as reapplying thermal paste in case of a CPU...
  4. PC randomly restarts when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC crashes/restarts itself when not playing a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC crashes/restarts itself when not playing a game: I've never experienced such a problem before and not entirely sure what the problem is.If I don't have a game running, the PC will either hard crash screen frozen as if blue screen, but pc is not making weird noises or it restarts itself. After losing my mind I decided to try...
  6. My PC crashes and restarts when playing games.

My PC crashes and restarts when playing games.: I have acquired a dmp file, shown below. Please help!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\042623-10875-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  7. Restart when playing games

Restart when playing games: My PC keeps restarting at random times when playing games, and it only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 11. I cant revert back because it's been to long, and I already reset the pc to try and fix the issue to no avail....
  8. Restart when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart when playing games: My PC keeps restarting at random times when playing games, and it only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 11. I cant revert back because it's been to long, and I already reset the pc to try and fix the issue to no avail....
  9. Pc restarting on it's own when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc restarting on it's own when playing games: My pc randomly restarts on its own when playing games. I've stress tested my cpu and gpu and it goes fine, then the moment i play a game like valorant my pc just restarts and the thing is, if it restarts on it's own and i quickly try to rejoin a game once it boots up my pc...
  10. PC restarting when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarting when playing games.: I just bought a new pc a few days ago I5 10400f, Gtx 1660 ti xs oc msi gddr6 6gb vram, gigabyte b460m aorus pro motherboard, 2tb HDD Seagate Barracuda, 250gb SSD Kingston a2000 and a 650w psu from Corsair, cv650 . Every time I play a game, it just makes a really weird noise...