Windows 10: PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer

Discus and support PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi , I recently upgraded to Window 10 Ver 1903 from Window 7 entreprise , and everything seems to work except for one annoying thing. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nizar Bouazizi, Sep 27, 2019.

1. PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer

hi ,

I recently upgraded to Window 10 Ver 1903 from Window 7 entreprise , and everything seems to work except for one annoying thing. I have a network printer and when I send a print job from the network share file to my printer the computer restarts automatically, and the files will not be printed.
    when I print a local file it prints correctly .

Please HELP

:)

Nizar Bouazizi, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Tom-Con Win User

Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Sep 27, 2019
  3. MarkCMEC Win User
    Print Jobs not printing to any printer

Hi All,

I have a odd issue with printing.

My printers are connected and running fine (other computers print fine), but when I print my print job flashes in the que and says print job failed when I try to send a test document. When I print from any applications it just does not go anywhere. I have stopped
    and restarted the printer service, uninstalled and reinstalled all printers.

This one has me stumped!

Any suggestions crew?

MarkCMEC, Sep 27, 2019
  4. MarkCMEC Win User

PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer

Print Jobs not printing to any printer

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the update, I tried all the items you listed in your link ( the printer folder was empty by the way)

I seem to be able to print the first couple of times after a restart, then the print jobs fail again.

MarkCMEC, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer

1. PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer - Similar Threads - restarts send print

2. Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...: I have a Windows 11 Desktop. It is connected via Wi-Fi. When I try to print Google Docs document from the Google Chrome Browser to a network HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, the print job goes to the spooler, but never prints. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, but no...
  3. Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...: I have a Windows 11 Desktop. It is connected via Wi-Fi. When I try to print Google Docs document from the Google Chrome Browser to a network HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, the print job goes to the spooler, but never prints. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, but no...
  4. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  5. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  6. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs

Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs: Hello,I have an office of 15 recently purchased Dell PCs on fully updated Windows 10 Pro that are suddenly, as of the last month or two, unable to print complete print jobs on Panasonic KX-P3626 dot matrix printers. The printers print ~95% of the job then suddenly stop and...
  8. I want my printer to print using black ink only for all printing jobs I submit to the...

I want my printer to print using black ink only for all printing jobs I submit to the...: I have a HP Deskjet 3510 printer and I want it toprint using black ink only. I'm using a Dell Model 3472 desktop computer running Windows 10. I don't want to have to keep changing the print mode from color to black ink only each time I submit a document to be printed. How do...
  9. my printer has jobs qued but wont print

my printer has jobs qued but wont print: my printer has jobs qued but wont print. its no connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-has-jobs-qued-but-wont-print/4cc0d050-a0f6-442f-905b-41e012dce01a
  10. Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer': We have a Windows Server 2012 R@ Datacenter 64-bit and as a part we installed print server services. After a successful print the job remains in the print queue with the status of Sent to Printer. I can manually delete the print job from the queue or stop the print...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my print server restarts every time i print