Windows 10: PC restarts when waking from sleep, error 0x0000010e

Discus and support PC restarts when waking from sleep, error 0x0000010e in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As with many brands, it is a PSU brand where the quality and trustworthy varies a lot per user opinions. I can't yet say if the PSU brand is good or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by framack4, Jul 20, 2017.

1. axe0 New Member

PC restarts when waking from sleep, error 0x0000010e

As with many brands, it is a PSU brand where the quality and trustworthy varies a lot per user opinions.

I can't yet say if the PSU brand is good or not, it takes time and research before a brand can be marked as good or bad.

2. framack4 Win User

Is there any other possible explanation you can think of for the BSODs I get when waking from sleep, and my PC getting stuck on BIOS screen during booting? Cause I've reinstalled Windows, stress tested CPU (intel burntest), RAM (memtest 86+), and used SMART on my hard drives with different programs as well as ran all the tests using SeaTools, tried different bios versions, reset CMOS, and other things that I've been recommended here. If you can't think of anything else that's causing these problems I'll just go spend the $100 NZD on a power supply. Thank you for your help btw.

framack4, Aug 4, 2017
  3. axe0 New Member
    1 of the things my first thoughts would go to is the PSU if not the BIOS.

What PSU are you planning on buying?

4. zbook New Member

1) Are your files backed up?
    2) Have you created a backup image using Macrium?
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    3) Have you placed the backup image on another drive?
    4) At times there can be problems in the registry. Scannow and restorehealth can only fix some problems are not all inclusive.
    5) If you have all of your files backed up perform a clean install: (make an unallocated drive like a brand new drive: delete partitions, format, etc)
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    6) second best is an in place upgrade repair:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Aug 5, 2017
  5. framack4 Win User
    Hey guys, I've isolated the problem. Swapped my gtx 1060 for my old AMD HD 7870 (used DDU to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and have installed AMD drivers) and it's not crashing when I wake it from sleep. So what do I do from here? @zbook I have performed a clean install

framack4, Aug 6, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Please post a new zip after the clean install:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

With this being a clean install have you completely updated windows, installed all drivers, and installed applications?
    Where are you in these steps?
    Which malware software is always on and which are you using manually?
    The plan is to use windows driver verifier to find misbehaving drivers.
    And eventually the goal is to have you use the computer for 36 hours of typical use without any bsod.
    Then you will turn off windows driver verifier and the troubleshooting will be completed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-e95ee5d8669d

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-c48669e4c983

Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

zbook, Aug 6, 2017
  7. framack4 Win User
    I appreciate your help, but I'm happy to use my 7870 for now as I'm not playing any demanding games. Haven't had any BSODs since I changed. Gonna mark this as solved, but I'll be back if it happens again although I doubt it. Cheers

framack4, Aug 8, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Your welcome.

Now that you have a functional system this is the best time to plan ahead:
    1) create a brand new restore point
    2) create a backup image using Macrium: Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything (update monthly)
    And place the backup image onto another drive
    3) backup all files onto another drive or into the cloud

Let us know if you need any additional support.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC restarts when waking from sleep, error 0x0000010e - Similar Threads - restarts waking sleep

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  5. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  6. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart: Randomly when my PC is asleep it will BSOD when waking it. It used to say it was caused by zamguard64.sys, so I followed a guide to remove it completely from my computer. Now I get BSOD but it doesn't say what causes it. It also never creates a dump file and it never...
  7. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart: Randomly when my PC is asleep it will BSOD when waking it. It used to say it was caused by zamguard64.sys, so I followed a guide to remove it completely from my computer. Now I get BSOD but it doesn't say what causes it. It also never creates a dump file and it never...
  8. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep: Hello,TL:DR Newly built PC BSODs every few days after waking, have tried almost everything.I will do my best to explain everything here in detail.I ordered all the parts and built the PC about 2 months ago.Specs:The specsRyzen 5600xAsus B550-F wifi32GB Hyper X Fury DDR4...
  10. Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode: When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance. 23002
Tags: