Windows 10: PC restarts when waking from sleep, error 0x0000010e

Discus and support PC restarts when waking from sleep, error 0x0000010e in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I wake up my PC from sleep, it restarts, I see the bios splash screen and then have to log in again. According to bluescreenview it's caused by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by framack4, Jul 20, 2017.

1. framack4 Win User

PC restarts when waking from sleep, error 0x0000010e

When I wake up my PC from sleep, it restarts, I see the bios splash screen and then have to log in again. According to bluescreenview it's caused by watchdog.sys. Seems to generate the exact same error codes each time. ZIP folder attached.

I have reinstalled RAM, video card, removed and replaced the CMOS battery, cleaned out the inside of my case and cleaned the CPU fans.

Thanks guys

:)

framack4, Jul 20, 2017

2. Windows 10 Movies & TV slow motion playback after sleep mode

Windows 10 Movies & TV app . Each time PC wakes from sleep mode , Videos playback in slow motion . Restart PC to resolve until PC enters sleep mode & wakes again . Any solutions for a permanent fix to avoid restarting always ?

LanceHaefliger, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

Original title: Windows doesn't wake from sleep

I'm running Win 10 Pro x64 v10586 on my desktop. In the last week, my PC will not wake from sleep mode using the keyboard and mouse. Both are plugged into usb 2 ports and the bios is set for legacy support. The keyboard will operate without special drivers
    and the keyboard settings are to allow the device to wake the PC.

Power options put the PC to sleep in 30 minutes. Allow hybrid sleep is set to On. Hibernate is set to never.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

edit:

the event log shows an error when the PC is rebooted (to get it out of sleep):

windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000221

Michael Gerbasio, Jul 20, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Hi framack4 ,

Welcome to the Tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debuggingforum

There were 4 bsod minidump files.
    Debugging the files all displayed the Nvidia driver as the misbehaving driver.
    This driver should be uninstalled and reinstalled with the method below.
    The computer event logs indicated multiple problems resuming from hybernation.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) sfc /scannow

2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

3) chkdsk /scan

4) Powercfg -h off

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) Uninstall all Nvidia drivers/software
    The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Asus or from the NVidia website.
    Computer manufacturer approved drivers are preferred.
    If you use the Nvidia website be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.7: Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

6) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

The bios in your computer: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2101, 2/12/2014

7) Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.

7) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.

Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

9) So please make sure your files are backed up.

10) Please make a backup image with Macrium:

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free: Macrium Software | Your image is everything

11) And please create a restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

Code: BugCheck 10E, {1d, ffffb88ada6ff220, 0, 0}Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UpdatePageTable+2a737 )[/quote] Code: ffffd581`04994ad8 fffff808`aa98ef21Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvaki.inf_amd64_cf17fec8b3c8ec54\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x27ef21[/quote] Code: ffffb181`5e907ad8 fffff803`ec11ef21Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvaki.inf_amd64_cf17fec8b3c8ec54\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x27ef2[/quote] Code: BugCheck 10E, {1d, ffffab8700a693c0, 0, 0}Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UpdatePageTable+2a737 )[/quote] Code: ffff8601`cb90d038 fffff800`e689ef00Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvaki.inf_amd64_cf17fec8b3c8ec54\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x27ef00[/quote] Code: BugCheck 10E, {1d, ffffad82ff6ef810, 0, 0} Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UpdatePageTable+2a737 )[/quote] Code: ffffd401`0b3952e8 fffff800`19f53cceUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvaki.inf_amd64_cf17fec8b3c8ec54\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x303cce[/quote] Code: Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] Code: The attempt by user DESKTOP-3QCIKR6\Fraser to restart/shutdown computer DESKTOP-3QCIKR6 failed[/quote]

zbook, Jul 20, 2017
  5. framack4 Win User
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.15063.0Image Version: 10.0.15063.0[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 455424 file records processed.File verification completed. 12941 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... Found an unneeded link ($FILE_NAME: "{6D939~1") in index "$I30" of directory "\Windows\System32\WDI\{533a67eb-9fb5-473d-b884-958cf4b9c4a3} <0x38,0xa370>" ... repaired online. Found an unneeded link ($FILE_NAME: "UTCAPP~1.NEW") in index "$I30" of directory "\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\DownloadedSettings <0x152,0xf786>" ... repaired online. 520918 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 32748 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 35968544 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has found problems and they were all fixed online.No further action is required. 409036799 KB total disk space. 135333760 KB in 154139 files. 108540 KB in 32749 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 585107 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 273009392 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 102259199 total allocation units on disk. 68252348 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>Powercfg -h offC:\WINDOWS\system32>

About to do the rest of the instructions. Seems there were some issues?
    Thanks for help

framack4, Jul 20, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    When you have completed all of the above steps open administrative command prompt and type:
    chkdsk /x /r (this will take many hours so plan to run overnight)

When it has completed find and report the results into the thread:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Run one of the SMART tests on your drives:

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World: CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World

Software - Crystal Dew World

HD Tune: HD Tune website

Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

When the SMART test has completed open the Microsoft snipping tool and make images of the results to post into the thread.

zbook, Jul 20, 2017
  7. framack4 Win User
    DDU just found an ATI 3000 driver as well as my 1060 driver - I've never had an ATI 3000 card installed before, only an HD 7870 but I uninstalled that driver long ago with DDU. Just uninstalled both drivers anyway and installed new NVIDIA drivers from ASUS website this time. Uploaded zip folder of image showing this random driver. Any thoughts on what this could be?
    Will follow other steps later tonight
    Thanks for help

Attachment 144910

framack4, Jul 20, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

For detective work you can view the driver file and the event log.
    There is an option in Windows to enable or disable Windows from updating drivers:
    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

In the zip folder this is a file for drivers.
    These ATI drivers are listed:

Code: amdkmdag amdkmdag amdkmdag Kernel Manual Stopped OK FALSE FALSE 2,535,424 8,290,304 0 14/01/2015 5:48:21 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys[/quote] Code: amdkmdap amdkmdap amdkmdap Kernel Manual Stopped OK FALSE FALSE 12,288 208,896 0 14/01/2015 5:20:43 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys[/quote] This is the information from the event log:
    Code: Event[2735]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-07-17T18:12:11.932 Event ID: 7045 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-3QCIKR6 Description: A service was installed in the system.Service Name: amdkmdagService File Name: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sysService Type: kernel mode driverService Start Type: demand startService Account:[/quote] Code: Event[2732]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Date: 2017-07-17T18:11:53.197 Event ID: 43 Task: Windows Update Agent Level: Information Opcode: Installation Keyword: Installation,Started User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-3QCIKR6 Description: Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics[/quote]
    Code: Event[2743]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Date: 2017-07-17T18:12:19.533 Event ID: 19 Task: Windows Update Agent Level: Information Opcode: Installation Keyword: Installation,Success User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-3QCIKR6 Description: Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics[/quote]

zbook, Jul 20, 2017
  9. framack4 Win User
    I tried chkdsk /x /r but it says volume is locked. Pressed Y to do it on restart but nothing happened when I restarted. So I entered safe mode with CMD and got the same message.
    PC is still crashing when waking from sleep mode btw

framack4, Jul 21, 2017
  10. zbook New Member

zbook, Jul 21, 2017
  11. framack4 Win User
    I think this is what you want:

Chkdsk was executed in verify mode on a volume snapshot. Checking file system on \Device\HarddiskVolume2Examining 1 corruption record ...Record 1 of 1: Corrupt File "<0x91,0x153a>" ... no corruption found.1 corruption record processed in 0.1 seconds.Windows has examined the list of previously identified potential issues and found no problems.No further action is required.

Chkdsk was executed in verify mode on a volume snapshot. Checking file system on \Device\HarddiskVolume2Examining 4 corruption records ...Record 1 of 4: Corrupt File "\Windows\Prefetch\AgGlUAD_S-1-5-21-2672369349-3029959307-121268421-1001.db <0x51,0x83e>" ... no corruption found.Record 2 of 4: Corrupt File "\Windows\Prefetch\AgCx_SC1.db <0x1e5,0xee54>" ... no corruption found.Record 3 of 4: Corrupt File "\Windows\Prefetch\LOGONUI.EXE-09140401.pf <0x42,0x8e2b>" ... no corruption found.Record 4 of 4: Corrupt File "<0xd5,0x1538>" ... no corruption found.4 corruption records processed in 0.1 seconds.Windows has examined the list of previously identified potential issues and found no problems.No further action is required.

framack4, Jul 21, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    "corruption record processed in 0.1 seconds"
    How long did it take to run chkdsk /x /r?

zbook, Jul 21, 2017
  13. framack4 Win User

Only about 30 minutes lol

framack4, Jul 21, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    OK now we wait.
    Report if there is any change with sleep: better, worse, the same
    It's likely to be trial and error so hybernation can be turned back on and Windows fast startup can be turned off.
    So you will try
    hybernation off
    hybernation on
    Windows fast startup on
    Windows fast startup off

zbook, Jul 21, 2017
  15. framack4 Win User
    Uploaded 2 new zips in this post with HDD sentinel report and new DM log collector. Will try turning hibernation/fast startup on/off. Thanks *Wink

framack4, Jul 21, 2017
Thema:

1. PC restarts when waking from sleep, error 0x0000010e - Similar Threads - restarts waking sleep

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  5. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  6. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart: Randomly when my PC is asleep it will BSOD when waking it. It used to say it was caused by zamguard64.sys, so I followed a guide to remove it completely from my computer. Now I get BSOD but it doesn't say what causes it. It also never creates a dump file and it never...
  7. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart: Randomly when my PC is asleep it will BSOD when waking it. It used to say it was caused by zamguard64.sys, so I followed a guide to remove it completely from my computer. Now I get BSOD but it doesn't say what causes it. It also never creates a dump file and it never...
  8. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep: Hello,TL:DR Newly built PC BSODs every few days after waking, have tried almost everything.I will do my best to explain everything here in detail.I ordered all the parts and built the PC about 2 months ago.Specs:The specsRyzen 5600xAsus B550-F wifi32GB Hyper X Fury DDR4...
  10. Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode: When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance. 23002
Tags: