Windows 10: PC restarts while gaming, no BSOD

Discus and support PC restarts while gaming, no BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My problem started happening suddenly while playing games. All info I could get is "event 41 - kernel power" with no bugcheck code. After that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shige, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Shige Win User

PC restarts while gaming, no BSOD

Hello,

My problem started happening suddenly while playing games. All info I could get is "event 41 - kernel power" with no bugcheck code. After that I tried with updated drivers, but nothing changed. Since the PC is still under warranty I sent it for check up, they didn't find anything suspicious, but they did renew the thermal paste on the CPU.
    The problem occurs at random times, regardless of gameplay time i.e. some days I can play for hours, while the other days it happens as soon as I enter the game. So far it only happens in more "needy" games (Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online), but it didn't happen in GTA V for example. One time only it happened after I exited a game, opened the Chrome and loaded a bookmarked site. No other programs were running in the background while the restarts happened.
    I have tried the msconfig selective startup before posting here, but no change.

My config is as follows:

Asus z370p
    Intel i7-8700
    Nvidia Strix GTX1060 6GB
    1 x 16GB DDR4 Kingston
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB
    Win 10 Pro version 1903

Here is a link to V2 log MANDRAKE-(2019-11-05_20-37-54).zip - Google Drive

Thank you in advance!

:)

Shige, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Binge Win User

Random Restarts, No BSOD

He mentioned that he had done that above. Also I provided a BSOD details app. There were no BSODs to report.

Binge, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Random Restarts, No BSOD

Reboot and hit F8 to get into the Windows Diagnostic Settings before Windows boots. Turn off "Automatic Restart on System Failure." This way we can completely rule out BSODs. Sometimes a PC will BSOD but the PC will restart so quickly that the BSOD is not even rendered.

Random Murderer, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. PC restarts while gaming, no BSOD - Similar Threads - restarts while gaming

2. pc restarts while starting game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc restarts while starting game: immediately after clicking maximize battlefield 3 pc restarted and this happened today 3 times. here is v2 log log file]DESKTOP-78NS6DE-2024-04-18_21-51-06.zip...
  3. My pc restart while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc restart while gaming: SourceWindowsSummaryLukkede uventetDate‎6/‎21/‎2023 2:09 PMStatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenKode: 116Parameter 1: ffff8c0f058ee010Parameter 2: fffff807a415be00Parameter 3: ffffffffc000009aParameter 4: 4OS-version: 10_0_19045Servicepakke:...
  4. My pc restart while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc restart while gaming: SourceWindowsSummaryLukkede uventetDate‎6/‎21/‎2023 2:09 PMStatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenKode: 116Parameter 1: ffff8c0f058ee010Parameter 2: fffff807a415be00Parameter 3: ffffffffc000009aParameter 4: 4OS-version: 10_0_19045Servicepakke:...
  5. PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming

PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming: Starting a few days ago on February 7th my PC has been randomly restarting while gaming for NO REASON. I didn't install anything at all that day that could've possibly messed up my PC, I just got on to play like any ordinary day. Researching through google one of the main...
  6. PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming: Starting a few days ago on February 7th my PC has been randomly restarting while gaming for NO REASON. I didn't install anything at all that day that could've possibly messed up my PC, I just got on to play like any ordinary day. Researching through google one of the main...
  7. PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming

8. pc restarting while opening games

pc restarting while opening games: Hello,I have a problem which i was keep looking for the solution for my problem but all the information on internet was not helping.Basically the problem is every time when i am trying to open games which need a lot of power from the pc my pc restarting itself, example Cod...
  9. PC RESTARTS WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC RESTARTS WHILE GAMING: New to pc gaming. Built PC two weeks ago. Asus B550-f WIFI MOBO AMD 5600x cpu NVIDIA 3070 zotac twin edge oc GPU 1 TB NVME WD BLACK EVGA 750 W Bronze PSU 2x8 GIG Crucial ballistix 3200mhz ram All drivers up to date and windows 64 bit up to date Redownloaded...
  10. Pc BSOD while gaming?

Pc BSOD while gaming?: Hi, I was playing Forza 4 today, I noticed some stuttering but it wasn't FPS stuttering if you know what I mean lol, I have checked temps, I did a MEMTEST86 out of curiosity for 10 passes the other night and everything went great, I just don't understand what the hell is...