Windows 10: PC running slow when it ran fine a few days ago, wondering where I can look to find the issue

Discus and support PC running slow when it ran fine a few days ago, wondering where I can look to find the issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So over the weekend (May 30 - May 31) I was using my computer and it ran fine, games at 300 fps, recording software worked fine at 60 fps, but starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GDRealsdslayer, Jun 3, 2020.

1. PC running slow when it ran fine a few days ago, wondering where I can look to find the issue

So over the weekend (May 30 - May 31) I was using my computer and it ran fine, games at 300 fps, recording software worked fine at 60 fps, but starting June 1, now games run at 30-60 fps and recording software hardly works now. I'm not asking for hardware help, I'm just wondering if there's a tool in Windows 10 that will tell me what changed? Task Manager shows low CPU usage at all times, so it's not that.

Something I noticed is that my computer was way hotter to the touch beforehand, and now it doesn't get very hot at all. So I don't know if my CPU just isn't 'trying hard enough' anymore?

submitted by /u/GDRealsdslayer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GDRealsdslayer, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Ruth2340 Win User

Why is Cortana so slow and right after major updates installed 2 days ago?

Major updates were installed 2 days ago May 22, 2018, and now Cortana is very very slow and half the time if I type something into Cortana, it does not get it all by the time Cortana comes up, so I have to retype and of course back to being so slow it
    is ridiculous. I love Cortana, but not like this. Help someone, and please don't tell me to do a dozen steps to get it fixed like the Shell thing, run as Administrator when I already am the Administrator, live alone, no one else has access to my lap top.
    I am 78 and not computer literate and do not need those steps you always suggest. The new updates caused this issue. It was absolutely fine before those updates.

Ruth2340, Jun 4, 2020
  3. My PC is slowing down as the days go on HELP!

Hi Kane,

This issue might occur due to an application is running in background or your storage space is full. For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding the performance of your PC, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your PC prior to the issue?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps/instructions in this
    article
    to improve your PC performance.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Manigue Win User

PC running slow when it ran fine a few days ago, wondering where I can look to find the issue

Win Defender forgot it scanned PC a day ago.

Ran a "Full Scan" on the PC Saturday. Sunday morning when I turned on the PC, Windows defender was in a red alert status stating that the PC had not been scanned in the past 30 days. Had to perform a "Quick Scan" to clear the red status alert.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so; any suggestions on how to avoid this from happening again?

Manigue, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

PC running slow when it ran fine a few days ago, wondering where I can look to find the issue

1. PC running slow when it ran fine a few days ago, wondering where I can look to find the issue - Similar Threads - running slow ran

2. Hi, I booted my PC up a few days ago and found that it looks very unsaturated and was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I booted my PC up a few days ago and found that it looks very unsaturated and was...: This is what it looks like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-booted-my-pc-up-a-few-days-ago-and-found-that/382e78be-3d59-45cb-8e7c-39c045a501de
  3. Hi, I booted my PC up a few days ago and found that it looks very unsaturated and was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I booted my PC up a few days ago and found that it looks very unsaturated and was...: This is what it looks like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-booted-my-pc-up-a-few-days-ago-and-found-that/382e78be-3d59-45cb-8e7c-39c045a501de
  4. Adobe not opening pdf's. It was fine 2 days ago!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe not opening pdf's. It was fine 2 days ago!: I am running Windows 10 on a desktop and use pdf's regularly for work documents.Two days ago I could open them with Adobe which is the default program without any issues. Today Adobe would not open them.Adobe support much better than Microsoft as you can actually get online...
  5. Adobe not opening pdf's. It was fine 2 days ago!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe not opening pdf's. It was fine 2 days ago!: I am running Windows 10 on a desktop and use pdf's regularly for work documents.Two days ago I could open them with Adobe which is the default program without any issues. Today Adobe would not open them.Adobe support much better than Microsoft as you can actually get online...
  6. Unable to keep computer on or up and running, Where can i look for the issue, log?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to keep computer on or up and running, Where can i look for the issue, log?: Been running windows 11 for a while now but I still am unable to leave the computer up and running longer than 6 to 8 hours before the start bar restarts and or crashes and then other stuff crashes, sometimes locking the computer to not allow anything else to run . . it has...
  7. Unable to keep computer on or up and running, Where can i look for the issue, log?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to keep computer on or up and running, Where can i look for the issue, log?: Been running windows 11 for a while now but I still am unable to leave the computer up and running longer than 6 to 8 hours before the start bar restarts and or crashes and then other stuff crashes, sometimes locking the computer to not allow anything else to run . . it has...
  8. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  9. My Screen keeps turning black, randomly, its was fine a few days ago???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Screen keeps turning black, randomly, its was fine a few days ago???: Hi, I have a computer which is kind of old, and everything was working perfectly until a few days ago. The screen would start to turn black randomly, It would be fine for the whole time and then suddenly, the screen would turn black but everything would be running still. I...
  10. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...