Windows 10: Pc running terrible

Discus and support Pc running terrible in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Around this time 2 years ago I went to some pc shop looking to build my first pc. Did some research and knew what I wanted to buy and the guys at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Foxworvy, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Pc running terrible

Around this time 2 years ago I went to some pc shop looking to build my first pc. Did some research and knew what I wanted to buy and the guys at the shop help me get all the Parts together. They said that they would get it built up at their factory and it would arrive at my house In a week or 2 but I was Impatient, so I just took all the parts home and built it myself watching YouTube tutorials and it’s never really run as good as I thought it should so I’ve spent the last couple of years trying to fix it on and off but I’m still not satisfied. Pc running terrible :(

Specs are

Ge Force Gtx1080

I5-8600k @3.60GHz?

16Gbs of ram Corsair

960 EVO SSD

Cx650M Corsair PCU

AsRock Z370 Pro 4 mother board?

3 or 4 of big fans

Dual BenQ 4k 60Hz monitors (3850x2160)?

When I’m playing games I suffer from a constant micro stutter and unstable FPS (60fps- 15fps) playing on medium to low settings and anything higher and it’s just game breaking. I can usually only play most games around 30-40 FPS. SSD is empty and when I want to play a demanding game I download it onto the drive. I’ve tried almost everything I could come up with. All my graphics drivers are up to date and I just recently factory reset the pc. I know it’s not the wifi and I hope it’s not the monitors. I just don’t know what to do. I’ve spent countless hours trying to fix my pc but nothing seems to work. It would mean the world to me if someone could fix my computer aha. Cheers

submitted by /u/Foxworvy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Foxworvy, Mar 31, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 31, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Pc running terrible

Games running worse on new PC? (Max Payne 3 horrible framerate on Skylake 6700k)

but running heaven will be of NO use if You dont follow the steps listed above.(just making sure)
    you need to rule out Drivers as a source, then move on from there. Also is the 970 in the top PCI lane?

jboydgolfer, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Pc running terrible

1. Pc running terrible - Similar Threads - running terrible

2. Laptop and games start running terribly after a few hours of heavy gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and games start running terribly after a few hours of heavy gaming: Hi. I am not a tech whiz, I don’t really understand too much about gaming laptops and such, so bear with me please.I have an MSI Gaming Laptop a Stealth 15M A11UEK with an RTX 3060, i7 11th gen and 16GB RAM, 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD and running on Windows 11. I’ve had it for a...
  3. Laptop and games start running terribly after a few hours of heavy gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and games start running terribly after a few hours of heavy gaming: Hi. I am not a tech whiz, I don’t really understand too much about gaming laptops and such, so bear with me please.I have an MSI Gaming Laptop a Stealth 15M A11UEK with an RTX 3060, i7 11th gen and 16GB RAM, 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD and running on Windows 11. I’ve had it for a...
  4. pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10: i've noticed since updating my windows 10 that my computer has suddenly been running very poorly. everything is generally slow and choppy, and programs are constantly freezing and nearly crashing. my toolbar also is freezing especially often. i paused updates for 7 days and...
  5. pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10

pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10: i've noticed since updating my windows 10 that my computer has suddenly been running very poorly. everything is generally slow and choppy, and programs are constantly freezing and nearly crashing. my toolbar also is freezing especially often. i paused updates for 7 days and...
  6. pc running terribly since march 16th update windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Crashing, BSOD's and overall terrible stability when running ram at marketed speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing, BSOD's and overall terrible stability when running ram at marketed speed: SPECS:MB: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUSMEMORY: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 8x4 = 32gb 3200mhzGPU: RTX 2070CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600PSU: 750w The marketed speed of the ram is 3200mhz, but whenever I run it at that speed, I have bsod's,crashes etc...The bsod's are varied and are...
  8. Crashing, BSOD's and overall terrible stability when running ram at marketed speed

Crashing, BSOD's and overall terrible stability when running ram at marketed speed: SPECS:MB: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUSMEMORY: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 8x4 = 32gb 3200mhzGPU: RTX 2070CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600PSU: 750w The marketed speed of the ram is 3200mhz, but whenever I run it at that speed, I have bsod's,crashes etc...The bsod's are varied and are...
  9. Ive upgraded to windows 11 a week ago, my games are running terrible, stutter fps drop etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive upgraded to windows 11 a week ago, my games are running terrible, stutter fps drop etc.: After my upgrade to windows 11, ive noticed that my cpu usage on any game is running max 10-15%, causing my game to stutter, or fps drops in cpu demanding games like valorant, which ive never had before.My Specs:i5 8400rtx 306016gb ram256gb ssd2tb hddEven with the upgrade as...
  10. Ive upgraded to windows 11 a week ago, my games are running terrible, stutter fps drop etc.

Ive upgraded to windows 11 a week ago, my games are running terrible, stutter fps drop etc.: After my upgrade to windows 11, ive noticed that my cpu usage on any game is running max 10-15%, causing my game to stutter, or fps drops in cpu demanding games like valorant, which ive never had before.My Specs:i5 8400rtx 306016gb ram256gb ssd2tb hddEven with the upgrade as...