Windows 10: PC said it was repairing all disk errors then on bootup file explorer, task manager and...

Discus and support PC said it was repairing all disk errors then on bootup file explorer, task manager and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Today I started my PC and the PC said that it was repairing all disk errors so I was like OK, and then I booted up my PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BoluwatifeOlabode, Mar 3, 2021.

1. PC said it was repairing all disk errors then on bootup file explorer, task manager and...

Split from this thread.​

Today I started my PC and the PC said that it was repairing all disk errors so I was like OK, and then I booted up my PC and my file explorer wasn't opening, task manager, and all windows apps. Please help.

:)

BoluwatifeOlabode, Mar 3, 2021

2. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Blank window in File Explorer and Task Manager after installing Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi Lily,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code while trying to access File Explorer and Task Manager?

[*]Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.
    [*]
    Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing File Explorer and Task Manager for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 3, 2021
  4. naftalit Win User

PC said it was repairing all disk errors then on bootup file explorer, task manager and...

Window 10 file explorer stuck

Hi Deepika,

Thanks on your help

I try all three suggestion but unfortunately the problem remain.

It is look the explorer stuck when I right clicking on file letter or try to past file.

Some details on the steps:

Step 1: When the Task manager is open no Window Explorer task exist. Clicking on File Explorer under Start menu window, bring Window Explorer task. Than I End the task using task manager and reopen the task by Run New Task in the task manger. The Window
    Explorer task is appeared in the Task manger and on the screen window. Right clicking on the disk letter the Explorer was stuck again.

Step 2: I run the checkdisk on disk C (contains the Window) without /f and get report all is OK

Step 3: I run the Memory diagnostic. After long waiting time a report OK is received.

Any other suggestion will be appreciate

Thank

Naftali

naftalit, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

PC said it was repairing all disk errors then on bootup file explorer, task manager and...

1. PC said it was repairing all disk errors then on bootup file explorer, task manager and... - Similar Threads - said was repairing

2. Ended file explorer in task manager..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  3. Ended file explorer in task manager..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  4. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISK MANAGEMENT advance task: I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so as not to lose the data on my broken tablet. Then unfortunately I had a crash with my PC desktop Windows system, thus and I...
  5. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISK MANAGEMENT advance task: I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so as not to lose the data on my broken tablet. Then unfortunately I had a crash with my PC desktop Windows system, thus and I...
  6. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Disk Usage in task manager

Disk Usage in task manager: Task manager shows "100% disk" most of the time. Have tied all posted remedies but nothing works. Any "good" suggestions? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-in-task-manager/35dcb7c2-2be9-4f90-b85e-a1c1103362b8
  8. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Em...
  10. Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

Task Manager and File Explorer won't open: The OS is WIndows 10. Getting some issues trying to open the File Explorer. Other applications will open normally, but File Explorer won't open. I attempted to open Task Manager, first via ctrl+alt+del, then via Run. Neither method would allow the Task Manager to actually...