Windows 10: PC sales might grow next year, thanks to Windows 10

Discus and support PC sales might grow next year, thanks to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The 2-in-1 devices powered by Windows 10 remain the key players in the PC market. These devices can function as laptops and even tablets are a growing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

PC sales might grow next year, thanks to Windows 10

The 2-in-1 devices powered by Windows 10 remain the key players in the PC market. These devices can function as laptops and even tablets are a growing segment of the PC market and are expected to help the market next year as well.

In the latest report, Canalys has revealed that the worldwide PC market will grow in 2019 and Windows 10 refresh trend is to be credited. The analysis adds that the shipments of desktops, notebooks and 2-in-1s will grow by 0.3 percent growth next year after declining for almost a decade.

“Windows 10 refresh will continue to be the main driver of commercial demand for PCs in 2019,” said Canalys Chief Analyst Alastair Edwards. To summarize, the report states that:

• The worldwide PC market will enjoy a slight recovery in 2019.
    • Desktops, notebooks and two-in-ones shipment will witness 0.3% growth after seven years of decline.
    • APAC remains the key market in the industry.
    • The growth is mainly driven this year from Windows 10 refresh in the commercial segment.

It is, however, worth noting that the trend in PC market that is driven by Windows 10 refresh will not last forever. In the US, there is a general push to upgrade hardware in order to address IT security concerns and the boost in the PC market will contribute to the strong economic performance.

As noted above, the growth driven by Windows 10 won’t last forever. In 2018, both the sale of new hardware and the professional services around Windows 10 migration contributed to the strong economic performance and this growth will continue into the first half of 2019.

PC sales might grow next year, thanks to Windows 10 PC-market-share.jpg

Another analyst firm Gartner also said that the PC shipments grew 1.4 percent in the second quarter of 2018. While the PC market has been in decline for a while now, the consumers are slowly upgrading to a newer hardware running Windows 10.

“The channel has benefited substantially this year from Windows 10 refresh in the commercial space, both in terms of product sales but also through lucrative professional services opportunities around Windows 10 migration,” the report reads.

The Always Connected PCs project is also expected to contribute to the PC market next year. The Windows 10 on ARM PCs offer native LTE connectivity and longer battery life just smartphones. The PCs with faster LTE connectivity and longer battery life could be a key selling point in 2019.

The post PC sales might grow next year, thanks to Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 23, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. PC sales might grow next year, thanks to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sales might grow

2. The next Windows 10 update might cut down on bloatware

in Windows 10 News
    The next Windows 10 update might cut down on bloatware: When you buy a new device, you expect it to be clean with fewer apps. Unfortunately, most new Windows 10 PCs are clogged with unnecessary preloaded software from Microsoft and OEMs, and even the clean install of the OS includes unwanted apps, such as 3D Viewer and Paint 3D....
  3. Windows 10 could get these new features next year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 could get these new features next year: Microsoft is considering a new update for its PowerToys tool to introduce a range of new features and further expand customization options on Windows 10. According to the roadmap, Microsoft is currently considering a new screen recording tool, Always on Top mode, custom font...
  4. Windows 10 is braced for a major upgrade shift next year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is braced for a major upgrade shift next year: The next update for Windows 10 is titled ’20H2′ and it will be identical to the already-available May 2020 Update, which was released on May 27. After Windows 10 version 20H2, Microsoft is expected to release ’21H1′ update in the first half of 2021, but we’ve learned from...
  5. Windows 10 version 2004 is the next update, arriving next year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 2004 is the next update, arriving next year: Microsoft recently shipped Windows 10 November 2019 Update and the company is now preparing the next version for consumers. Microsoft says that they’re gearing up to finalize the next update codenamed ’20H1′, and the company is also preparing 20H2 for testers. Microsoft has...
  6. Your Next SSD Might Be Slower (Thanks to QLC Flash)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your Next SSD Might Be Slower (Thanks to QLC Flash): Interesting article from HTG on how some newer SSD drives may not be suitable for use as a boot drive. QLC (Quad Layer Cache) seems to be the culprit. Manufacturers are cramming more space into the same number of cells at the expense of reliability. Source: Your Next SSD...
  7. Preparing Windows 10 PC for sale

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Windows 10 PC for sale: I want to sell my Windows 10 PC. I have reset the PC and all my user files and accounts have been removed and a new clean copy of Windows is installed. When the computer started after the reset it launched immediately into the setup wizard which requires me to provide a...
  8. Ivacy VPN For Just $1 - New Year Sale

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ivacy VPN For Just $1 - New Year Sale: Ivacy VPN is offering an unbelievable New Year VPN lifetime deal, unlike anything you have seen before! Ivacy VPN is super affordable to get right now. As part of their New Year VPN deal, Ivacy VPN is cutting down the price of their 5 Year plan by 90% percent. Exclusively...
  9. Windows 10 efforts are paying off as PC market grows for first time in 6 years

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 efforts are paying off as PC market grows for first time in 6 years: The research firm Gartner reported that the global personal computer market grew for the first time in six years in the second quarter of 2018. The report states that the worldwide PC shipments rose 1.4 percent in the past quarter to 62.1 million units and the growth is...
  10. .10 Sale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .10 Sale: Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but MS is doing a .10 sale on certain games in the store...I guess it's supposed to change daily...but some of the games (normally $4.99 - $9.99) are only .10.....it's a great deal if you've been waiting for some games and if I recall,...