Windows 10: PC says Ethernet Configuration is invalid

Discus and support PC says Ethernet Configuration is invalid in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the last few weeks every time I turn on my computer it doesn't have an internet connection. I've flushed dns, reset winsock, release/renewed IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jose Marquez JMarquez, Jun 1, 2021.

1. PC says Ethernet Configuration is invalid

For the last few weeks every time I turn on my computer it doesn't have an internet connection. I've flushed dns, reset winsock, release/renewed IP address, disabled fast startup, disabled the property that tells the PC it can turn off the ethernet driver, restarted the modem, but every time I turn the PC on the problem is still the same.It isn't until I run the network troubleshooter that it recognizes an internet connection again. While a minor inconvenience, it's annoying as hell. What else can I do? I don't want to try and uninstall my network drivers and then truly leave myself without an

:)

Jose Marquez JMarquez, Jun 1, 2021
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

PC says Ethernet Configuration is invalid [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Jun 1, 2021
  4. LR1
    lr1 Win User

PC says Ethernet Configuration is invalid

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Hello,

I'm about 4 hours deep into trying to fix this. I've followed several forum posts with similar issues, with no luck.

I've been running windows 10 on my PC with my current hardware (including modem/router) for about a year now with no issues. Yesterday I booted up and had no internet access. The error was something to do with "sockets". I ran the netsh socket reset command, which simply changed the error to my current invalid IP configuration error.

So here's my current state:

I'm typing this from a laptop I dug out of storage. On this laptop I have internet access both through ethernet and the on-board wifi adapter.

On my PC, the ethernet connection is through my motherboard (adapter: Interl Ethernet Connection I218-V), and I have a separate wifi card (adapter: Qualcomm Atheros AR938x). Whether connected with ethernet or wifi, the connection status is:

IPv4 Connectivity: No Network Access
    IPv6 Connectivity: No Internet Access

All items in the properties list are checked, including the IPV4/IPv6 items. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both the ethernet and wifi adapters. I'm reinstalling from the latest Intel driver installer (PROWinx64).

I've tried the various netconfig commands. If I call "ipconfig /release" I get:

"An error occurred while releasing interface Ethernet 2: An address has not yet been associated with the network endpoint".

Here is my ipconfig /all

I've tried a dozen other things, but I don't want to convolute this post, so just let me know what to do and I'll repeat whatever steps.

Thanks!

Thema:

PC says Ethernet Configuration is invalid

1. PC says Ethernet Configuration is invalid - Similar Threads - says Ethernet Configuration

2. pc won’t connect to ethernet due to “invalid ip configuration”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc won’t connect to ethernet due to “invalid ip configuration”: my computer won’t connect to ethernet and when i run a check it says ip configuration invalid. i’ve tried about every fix i’ve seen online from using the device manager to the command prompt and to resetting the network. i was just using my computer with no issues an hour and...
  3. pc won’t connect to ethernet due to “invalid ip configuration”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc won’t connect to ethernet due to “invalid ip configuration”: my computer won’t connect to ethernet and when i run a check it says ip configuration invalid. i’ve tried about every fix i’ve seen online from using the device manager to the command prompt and to resetting the network. i was just using my computer with no issues an hour and...
  4. pc won’t connect to ethernet due to “invalid ip configuration”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. invalid IP Configuration Ethernet does NOT work. Wifi works fine

invalid IP Configuration Ethernet does NOT work. Wifi works fine: I have been trying to fix this issues for days now. I've tried everything i could think of to fix this. I even factory reset my entire PC and it fixed the issue but then it randomly comes back. The issue is the WiFi isn't' that great and Hardwired is just so much better....
  6. Invalid configuration information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invalid configuration information: when I start my computer DELL/desktop every time this message appear on the screen : - Invalid configuration information - please run SETUP program. - Time-of-day not set - please run SETUP program. press F1 key to continue press F2 to run setup utility press F5 to to...
  7. invalid ip configuration

invalid ip configuration: So I was about to do something and I suddenly lost internet I look at the internet and it says no internet, unidentified network. So I preformed an troubleshoot and I saw this. I hope that I dont have any viruses, and that others are using this computer. Please fix. [ATTACH]...
  8. Invalid Configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invalid Configuration: Sir When i power on my pc there show: Invalid Configuration Information - Please run setup program. Time-of-day not set - please run setup program. To continue press F1 key To change setup option press F2 key To run onboard diagnostics press F5 key Please help me what...
  9. INVALID IP CONFIGURATION

INVALID IP CONFIGURATION: Please help!!! How can I resolve this problem, "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-ip-configuration/8e82fccf-1dc9-48aa-a967-8d3c218ca8fb
  10. Ethernet and wifi both have error 'invalid IP configuration'

Ethernet and wifi both have error 'invalid IP configuration': Hello, Router is working and internet is on, as tested on my phone. But the win 10 pc cannot get internet access. I have tested both ethernet and wifi using a dongle, same error both times. I have checked ipv4 properties and all the DNS stuff is set to automatic. I...