Windows 10: Pc says i have 6 gb of ram but i have 8!

Discus and support Pc says i have 6 gb of ram but i have 8! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i have this issue for like a few months. I tried to do youtube tutorials but all the tutorials have this: (6 gb ram Usable). But idonthve that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daviepliertje, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Pc says i have 6 gb of ram but i have 8!

Hello, i have this issue for like a few months. I tried to do youtube tutorials but all the tutorials have this: (6 gb ram Usable). But idonthve that Usable text so my pc thinks i have 6 gb of ram installed. Could someone pls help me, Thanks

-Davey

:)

Daviepliertje, Aug 16, 2018

2. pc not reconizing correct ram, shows 8 gb instead of 16

pc not reconizing correct ram, shows 8 gb instead of 16

DwightManis, Aug 16, 2018
  3. This PC cannot run Windows 10 Not enough RAM (Even though I have 6 GB of RAM....)

Windows 10 installer won't let me install even though I have 6 GB of RAM, which Windows 7 is able to detect just fine.

The min for Windows 10 is supposed to be 2 GB of RAM.

System in windows 7 says I am running 6 GB. Here is a screen pick of my system.

Pc says i have 6 gb of ram but i have 8! 2102ea8f-208f-4505-a178-c2ca7cac5e8f.png

Here is what the windows 10 installer says even though I have 6GB of RAM:

Pc says i have 6 gb of ram but i have 8! b5b10e32-8e61-4d89-84ee-5bbe051b6d3a.png

soccerkid11, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Pc says i have 6 gb of ram but i have 8!

I have 8 gb ram installed but it says i have only 3.43 gb usable.

* Original Title: Windows 10 ram problem

I have a problem with my notebook.I have 8 gb ram installed but it says i have only 3.43 gb usable.I have almost everything i found about this problem but nothing seems to work,i even reinstalled my windows..

http://postimg.org/image/5ezxhsnab/

primomars89, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Pc says i have 6 gb of ram but i have 8!

1. Pc says i have 6 gb of ram but i have 8! - Similar Threads - says ram

2. Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max: So I have a windows 7 home basic activated.....and upgraded it to windows 10 home using the media creation tool.....after everything is done, everything went well....also the windows 10 home I installed is automatically activated idk why...so for that I think ram limit is now...
  3. Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max: So I have a windows 7 home basic activated.....and upgraded it to windows 10 home using the media creation tool.....after everything is done, everything went well....also the windows 10 home I installed is automatically activated idk why...so for that I think ram limit is now...
  4. Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...: I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing...
  6. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...: I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing...
  7. I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...: I just got an 16gb of ram dual channel kit for my computer I followed the installation instructions and installed the ram properly. Then powered my computer on went to task manager and it only said I had 8gb of ram installed. Just need help get both 8gb sticks of ram to work....
  8. I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...: I just got an 16gb of ram dual channel kit for my computer I followed the installation instructions and installed the ram properly. Then powered my computer on went to task manager and it only said I had 8gb of ram installed. Just need help get both 8gb sticks of ram to work....
  9. I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...

10. Why does the sticker on my pc say I have 16gb ram installed but it has only 6gb?

Why does the sticker on my pc say I have 16gb ram installed but it has only 6gb?: Is this a glitch or did I just buy a knock off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-sticker-on-my-pc-say-i-have-16gb-ram/d90e6554-523d-471c-a2fc-75de716f884d