Windows 10: PC says im admin but cant change settings

Discus and support PC says im admin but cant change settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So my PC says im admin and I want to set up my anti virus to scan my PC cause i keep getting a error at start up and need to scan my PC. I want to turn... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HarvZGames9769, Jun 21, 2021.

1. PC says im admin but cant change settings

So my PC says im admin and I want to set up my anti virus to scan my PC cause i keep getting a error at start up and need to scan my PC. I want to turn real time on but I cant anyone know how to fix it. See images below

:)

HarvZGames9769, Jun 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 says im not admin

So i rebooted my pc and when i try to open virus & threat protection it says page not available your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item your tried to access is not available contact the IT helpdesk for more infomation.
    And i have tried to fixs this problom for 24+ and i cant get it to work and im getting so mad at this it says im the admin but im totally not tho.

Tobias Wiese Birgersted, Jun 21, 2021
  3. admin settings on Win10 for PC

Hi Hamza,

Is your PC connected to a domain network?

If your are connected to a domain network and yet facing this issue, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Method1:

First, I would suggest you to try switching your User account from a Microsoft account to a local account and check if the issue persists. Click on 'Settings', click on 'Accounts' and then click on "sign in with a local account' in the "your accounts' section.
    Restart the computer and switch back to a Microsoft account and check.

If the issue persists, try these steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot

Try these and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jun 21, 2021
  4. PC says im admin but cant change settings

Windows 10 says I'm not admin

Hi Erina,

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Bennet Martin, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

PC says im admin but cant change settings

1. PC says im admin but cant change settings - Similar Threads - says admin cant

2. Issue with Admin account on a Windows 11 pc. Cant change the Admin account, cant do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Admin account on a Windows 11 pc. Cant change the Admin account, cant do...: Hello,Just purchased a new pc windows 11 and my young son rushed to set it up by creating a new MS email account as an admin. He put his age in and then the process was asking for parental control so he set another email account for providing the necessary approvals.Current...
  3. Issue with Admin account on a Windows 11 pc. Cant change the Admin account, cant do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Admin account on a Windows 11 pc. Cant change the Admin account, cant do...: Hello,Just purchased a new pc windows 11 and my young son rushed to set it up by creating a new MS email account as an admin. He put his age in and then the process was asking for parental control so he set another email account for providing the necessary approvals.Current...
  4. malware - im not the admin on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    malware - im not the admin on my pc: firstly, i had a malware extension which set itself as my administrator, meaning i couldn't remove it. eventually I fixed it, but now my date and time is wrong. I cant change it to automatic, and i tried to run net start tzautoupdate in command prompt, but i cant since im not...
  5. malware - im not the admin on my pc

malware - im not the admin on my pc: firstly, i had a malware extension which set itself as my administrator, meaning i couldn't remove it. eventually I fixed it, but now my date and time is wrong. I cant change it to automatic, and i tried to run net start tzautoupdate in command prompt, but i cant since im not...
  6. malware - im not the admin on my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows security says im not administrator so i cant change settings in virus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security says im not administrator so i cant change settings in virus protection: i messed around with some stuff in file properties under the security tab and now im no longer recognized as admin on my pc, i can still grant admin privs but i cant do anything that requires privs unless its the UAC prompt. i was wondering if there was any possible fix for...
  8. Windows security says im not administrator so i cant change settings in virus protection

Windows security says im not administrator so i cant change settings in virus protection: i messed around with some stuff in file properties under the security tab and now im no longer recognized as admin on my pc, i can still grant admin privs but i cant do anything that requires privs unless its the UAC prompt. i was wondering if there was any possible fix for...
  9. Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin: Recently, I have not been able to change or delete files on my pc. I have looked it up, and going in to properties of the file and giving myself permissions either doesnt work on some files or the option to change it is grayed out. For example, I tried to move Program...
  10. Windows 10 says im not admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 says im not admin: So i rebooted my pc and when i try to open virus & threat protection it says page not available your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item your tried to access is not available contact the IT helpdesk for more infomation. And i have tried...