Windows 10: PC says I'm in a different country when I'm not

Discus and support PC says I'm in a different country when I'm not in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So since a few days ago my PC has been really weird. First of all it wouldnt connect to my wifi properly, then i was on chrome a few days later and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ainsley, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ainsley Win User

PC says I'm in a different country when I'm not

So since a few days ago my PC has been really weird. First of all it wouldnt connect to my wifi properly, then i was on chrome a few days later and it said i was in holland ( I'm in the UK), then it said i was in the seychelles. some sites seemed to think the former, and some the latter. but google maps showed me in the uk, where i actually am. I AM NOT USING A VPN. i checked multiple times. and since then a lot of stuff has been going wrong - incredibly slow load times, i couldn't load SCUM, etc. I have no idea what to do

:)

ainsley, Sep 9, 2018

2. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Sep 9, 2018
  3. jds63 Win User
    Samsung 950 Pro M.2

Mine supports M.2 NVMe, on a X99 board in my specs. Right next to the PCIe M.2 connection it even says 10 Gb /s. So i felt not worth it to get Samsung 950 Pro then, I have 850 Pro SSD i 'll survive.

Good luck with vacation, Nice !

jds63, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Lagged Win User

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. PC says I'm in a different country when I'm not - Similar Threads - says I'm different

2. One Drive saying I'm signing in with a different account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive saying I'm signing in with a different account?: I recently changed the email of my Microsoft account, and my one dive has signed out. It says I need to enter the password to my account to enable sync again, but when I go to sign in, it says "account does not exist". When I sign in with my current Windows log in info, it...
  3. One Drive saying I'm signing in with a different account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive saying I'm signing in with a different account?: I recently changed the email of my Microsoft account, and my one dive has signed out. It says I need to enter the password to my account to enable sync again, but when I go to sign in, it says "account does not exist". When I sign in with my current Windows log in info, it...
  4. PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible: Basically the title. Tried restarting my pc multiple times and still no change. Any clue?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-app-says-im-eligible-for-windows-11-but/6b1acdcb-117d-4635-8c3f-ee4324b9f24c
  5. Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT: In the Network & Internet settings of windows 10 I am seeing "You're connected to the internet" . But none of my browsers can get to a website. This computer is connected with an ethernet. I have restarted my router and all of my other ethernet and wifi computers can...
  6. Windows 10 thinks I'm across the country?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 thinks I'm across the country?: Repost because last post was deleted... xposted from r/windows So the default/automatic time on my computer has been wrong for a couple weeks now, and I finally figured out it is because my computer thinks it is in Minnesota, instead of Utah. When I use Chrome and ask...
  7. Windows 10 thinks I'm across the country?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 thinks I'm across the country?: xposted from r/windows So the default/automatic time on my computer has been wrong for a couple weeks now, and I finally figured out it is because my computer thinks it is in Minnesota, instead of Utah. When I use Chrome and ask "where am I" it gives me results within a...
  8. Says I'm up to date, but I'm not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Says I'm up to date, but I'm not: Windows Update tells me my laptop is up to date even though I'm trying to upgrade to version 1809 and my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 5579 2-in-1) is currently running version 1803. I admittedly had a couple of failed attempts to download 1809 on this laptop earlier, but now my...
  9. Says I'm up to date, but I'm not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Says I'm up to date, but I'm not: Windows Update tells me my laptop is up to date even though I'm trying to upgrade to version 1809 and my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 5579 2-in-1) is currently running version 1803. I admittedly had a couple of failed attempts to download 1809 on this laptop earlier, but now my...
  10. microsoft says I'm no online

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft says I'm no online: I am unable to access any Microsoft apps on my desktop computer. Error message is either that I'm not online ( I am) or that the problem is on Microsoft's end. Any suggestions on a fix is appreciated....