Windows 10: pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

Discus and support pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Liano Lorriper, Mar 19, 2024.

1. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with the "listen to this device" button in the control panel, it didnt play any noise to me when i talked. In Discord the test my mic thing also doesnt play any noise to me.I already tried disabling and reenabling my microphone, unplugging it and replugging it back in, restarted my pc multiple times, changed my mic settings in c

:)

Liano Lorriper, Mar 19, 2024
  2. MoSkiii Win User

mic picked up but no sound

hi

just yesterday my mic headset was working perfect. i do not know if my family members messed up anything but there is no sound being picked up even though the mic itself is. i checked if the mic is working by plugging it into a different device and it does
    work. so back to the pc i'm having trouble with, when i try recording with the mic, all i hear is static. i tried uninstalling the devices and restarting the pc but that too did not help.

MoSkiii, Mar 19, 2024
  3. Mic not picking up sound!!!

Hi, i'm using windows ten and my usb mic is not picking up sound pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,... :(. The computer is picking up the mic itself but not any sound from the mic. I see the mic in my recording devices but the sound bar on the side is not showing activity when I speak into the
    mic. In sound device properties, in events it says: Device USB\VID_0D8C&PID_0139&MI_00\6&3077f717&0&0000 requires further installation.

So that might be part of the problem. Anyone know how to fix this?

#WilliamBates, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Junaid_A Win User

pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

1. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,... - Similar Threads - says picking sound

2. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  3. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  4. Why is my pc not picking up my mic but using every sound i hear as mic input?

Why is my pc not picking up my mic but using every sound i hear as mic input?: Nothing i say into my microphone gets picked up, instead my pc acts like the microphone so every sound i hear gets used as sound input which can lead to ear-piercing repeating sounds. Neither discord or Windows itself is taking my actual mic input.I didn't change my input or...
  5. Why is my pc not picking up my mic but using every sound i hear as mic input?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc not picking up my mic but using every sound i hear as mic input?: Nothing i say into my microphone gets picked up, instead my pc acts like the microphone so every sound i hear gets used as sound input which can lead to ear-piercing repeating sounds. Neither discord or Windows itself is taking my actual mic input.I didn't change my input or...
  6. Mic not picking up sound, but works fine when I select "Listen to this device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not picking up sound, but works fine when I select "Listen to this device": My microphone seems to only work when I select "Listen to this device".It won't detect any noice unles I blow into the microphone or tap on it, but when I select "Listen to this device" in the microphone properties it works perfectly fine.When I select the microphone in a...
  7. Mic not picking up sound, but works fine when I select "Listen to this device"

Mic not picking up sound, but works fine when I select "Listen to this device": My microphone seems to only work when I select "Listen to this device".It won't detect any noice unles I blow into the microphone or tap on it, but when I select "Listen to this device" in the microphone properties it works perfectly fine.When I select the microphone in a...
  8. Mic not picking up sound, but works fine when I select "Listen to this device"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Mic picking up all PC sounds

Mic picking up all PC sounds: Hi,i've only recently gotten this pc and i haven't really been using Microsoft or anything before;i was previously on a mac. I bought like a headphone splitter and I have been trying to download all this Realtek stuff but i am so confused. My motherboard is a DQ77MK and im...
  10. Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything

Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything: This is Toshiba Windows 10 Laptop, During the morning after a failed update, i went to see some videos and i couldn't hear anything. I checked if my sound was on, it was on and on the max. It says it's broadcasting sound, but i can't hear anything. I tried Unistalling the...