Windows 10: PC SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS OFF

Discus and support PC SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS OFF in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; While I am using my computer doing whatever, my computer randomly changes to a blue screen that says Locking with the windows 10 loading circle for a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AlexanderZetzsche, Jan 17, 2020.

1. PC SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS OFF

While I am using my computer doing whatever, my computer randomly changes to a blue screen that says Locking with the windows 10 loading circle for a few seconds and the shuts itself down. I cant find a solution online and its been happening for some time. Thanks in advace for any help.

:)

AlexanderZetzsche, Jan 17, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 17, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jan 17, 2020
  4. DonB6 Win User

PC SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS OFF

shut off button

I don't want to log off. That takes several more steps. I want to shut down. It use to have a list of things to hit but somehow change to sign off or lock. I want the shut down to reappear.

Rogue

DonB6, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

PC SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS OFF

1. PC SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS OFF - Similar Threads - SAYS LOCKING SHUTS

2. Pc Keeps Shutting Off!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Keeps Shutting Off!: I've had this problem for the better part of half a year and it's driving me nuts. I first encountered this problem out of the blue when just using my pc normally and then it wouldn't stop showing the Shutting Down... Screen and then shutting down. I updated to windows 11...
  3. Pc Keeps Shutting Off!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Keeps Shutting Off!: I've had this problem for the better part of half a year and it's driving me nuts. I first encountered this problem out of the blue when just using my pc normally and then it wouldn't stop showing the Shutting Down... Screen and then shutting down. I updated to windows 11...
  4. PC shuts off immediately

PC shuts off immediately: This just started today, but as soon as I try to power on my PC, it shuts back off. Sometimes it'll stay on long enough for me to try to reset it, but during the reset it shuts off. I've tried cleaning the fan and checking the wiring. I don't know what's wrong....
  5. PC shuts off immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts off immediately: This just started today, but as soon as I try to power on my PC, it shuts back off. Sometimes it'll stay on long enough for me to try to reset it, but during the reset it shuts off. I've tried cleaning the fan and checking the wiring. I don't know what's wrong....
  6. PC keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shutting off: A few days back my pc had constant issues. At one point i couldn't even get in Windows anymore. I went to a pc store and they re-installed windows 11 and i updates all drivers, seemed to work for a little while. Fast forward 2 days later and the errors are back. They are not...
  7. PC keeps shutting off

PC keeps shutting off: A few days back my pc had constant issues. At one point i couldn't even get in Windows anymore. I went to a pc store and they re-installed windows 11 and i updates all drivers, seemed to work for a little while. Fast forward 2 days later and the errors are back. They are not...
  8. Laptop says Locking then Shuts off and won’t Turn on

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop says Locking then Shuts off and won’t Turn on: [ATTACH]Since you are here, I am assuming that your laptop says locking then shuts off and won’t turn on. in this article, we are going to go over all the possible things you can do to fix the error. Laptop says Locking then Shuts off and won’t Turn on Many users have faced...
  9. Pc Says locking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Says locking.: So About Last week i was playing video games,fortnite,and roblox. Then when i started playing roblox my screen went to a red screen then said Locking and shut off. When i turned my pc back on it kicked me out the game, but i still had spotify and discord open and was still...
  10. My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..: There is a big issue..Whenever i am watching any video or doing a class..My laptop automaticaly shuts down with a screen which states locking...Its a huge issue...And sometimes there comes a warning of overheating..but thats fixed now...still it comes...I had repaired it like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer says locking then shuts off

2. computer says locking and shuts down

3. what happens when computer says locking

4. laptop says locking then shuts off,
  5. windows said locking,
  6. computer said locking and turned off,
  7. my windows says locking and goes off,
  8. computer says locking and then shuts down,
  9. The screen says locking and it goes into sleep mode,
  10. my pc says locking and turned off,
  11. what ti do when your laptop says lockig and thens off,