Windows 10: PC says 'No audio output device is installed' after update

Discus and support PC says 'No audio output device is installed' after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just what the title says, after the update my computer doesn't make any sound with or without headphones. I've tried a lot of help sites, none of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cadenjosey, Feb 27, 2019.

1. PC says 'No audio output device is installed' after update

Just what the title says, after the update my computer doesn't make any sound with or without headphones. I've tried a lot of help sites, none of them work. Can anyone help?

:)

cadenjosey, Feb 27, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 27, 2019
  3. The sound icon says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

Since the last Windows 10 update I have no sound. (I am assuming this because last week was fine)

The sound icon says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

I tried the troubleshooter but AudioPlaybackDiagnostic not working. (A problem ocurred preventing the troubleshooter from working).

In Device Manager/Other Devices;

• Multimedia Audio Controller 'The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).There are no drivers for this device. Update = no results
    • PCI Simple Communications Controller=same issue
    In Device Manager/ Sound, video and game controllers

• NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (wave extensible)(WDM); Windows cannot verify the digital signature
    • NVidia GeForce 210; This device is working properly
    In Device Manager/ System devices/ High Definition Audio Controller;

• Windows cannot verify the digital signature . This is a Windows driver Ver. 10.0.10586.0 Date; 10/29/2015
    I have uninstalled / installed drivers with no change.

Also; in Control Panel / Devices and Printers, the folder is empty
    but my printers still work. Add a device function = 'No Device Found'

What can I do next? Do I reinstall the free upgrade to Windows 10? If so, how?

Fendermate, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

PC says 'No audio output device is installed' after update

No Audio Output Device Installed

Hi Sly,

It is possible that your audio output device itself is not working. To further assist your concern, kindly answer these following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using other audio output devices on your PC? If yes, did it work on your PC?
    • What are the troubleshooting methods you've tried so far?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

PC says 'No audio output device is installed' after update

1. PC says 'No audio output device is installed' after update - Similar Threads - says 'No audio

2. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  3. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  4. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No audio output device installed after Windows 10 update.

No audio output device installed after Windows 10 update.: RCA Tablet W101_V2 old but good fellaDon't know which update caused problem.Had just reset to help keyboard issue, which did fix.RCA contacted, no help but to reset again which will give me same update that caused audio problem.Have tried reinstalling drivers, previous...
  6. No Audio Output Device is Installed Condition after Windows updates

No Audio Output Device is Installed Condition after Windows updates: several updates were installed on my surfacepro this past weekend. my audio device subsequently stopped working. when i hover over the audio device icon in my system tray i see a message "No Audio Output Device is Installed". i had an IM chat with a microsoft tech who...
  7. Says no audio output device is installed

Says no audio output device is installed: Woke up this morning to find I couldn't use the volume and there was no audio, Says no audio output device is installed. Below was done early in the morning Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Device Configuration Help! How do I get audio back? worked fine yesterday...
  8. No Audio Output Device Installed after last update

No Audio Output Device Installed after last update: After last Windows 10 update my Realtek Audio Output Device was removed, I did a roll back to last point and still do not have a Audio Output device; I even tried to install the Microsoft OEM High Definition Audio Device via Device Manager/Add Legacy Hardware and get error...
  9. NO Audio Output Device is installed after latest Microsoft updates

NO Audio Output Device is installed after latest Microsoft updates: No Audio Output Device is installed Please help! Today I have an audio problem where all of the sudden, the audio device cannot be found! I have Intel Audio Drivers and not one of them works! I have an HP. All of the sudden, there is no sound. I tried uninstalling the...
  10. No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update

No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update: My laptop now has "no audio output installed",After Windows update. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-after-windows/8046c142-58b3-4fb9-bfa0-bb07bffa6fb1