Windows 10: PC says unidentified network after setting up network on PC's using ethernet

Discus and support PC says unidentified network after setting up network on PC's using ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The subject is pretty self explanatory. I connected 2 PC's and it says unidentified network. Is there any way I can make them identify each other?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MangoGrenade, Aug 15, 2019.

1. PC says unidentified network after setting up network on PC's using ethernet

The subject is pretty self explanatory. I connected 2 PC's and it says unidentified network. Is there any way I can make them identify each other?

:)

MangoGrenade, Aug 15, 2019

2. Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet

Changed some network names and SSID settings to a router. Had 4 PC's downstairs coming off of a switch box. Each fed into an ethernet adaptor. Worked fine.

Now the ethernet setting shows Unidentified Network, and speeds are like wifi speeds. Not obvious whats up.

Fergus

FergusMuldoon, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Unidentified network (Ethernet connection)

Good Day My name is and i will be happy to assist you: Please try these additional resources that might assist you: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-unidentified-network-windows or Unidentified network- No internet Access Ethernet Win 10
    or Unidentified network - No Internet access - Windows 10 Forums or Unidentified network on Windows 10 & 7 [Fixed] - Driver Easy or https://pureinfotech.com/fix-unidentified-network-error-windows-10/ If these
    options did not work i suggest downloading intel or Realtek LAN Drivers Here: Intel Network Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 Or Realtek Network Drivers http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
    I do hope this helps. Please do let me know if it worked or not so i can continue to assist. Kind Regards

Phillip Roos, Aug 15, 2019
  4. PC says unidentified network after setting up network on PC's using ethernet

Unidentified Network

I own a HP Pavillion 500 PC. There have been quite a few issues with my ethernet cable in the last month, saying there was an "unidentified network".

However, the last few times, I just unplugged the cable and it fixed itself.

This time it came up with '"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration', I've tried everything. Here is a list of things I've tried:

Restarting Router

Unplugging and replugging the cable.

Restarting PC

System Restore

"netsh" sollution

"ipconfig" sollution (doesn't show a default gateway)

I cannot connect to the default gateway unless you're wondering whether the internet is blocked.

I'm using the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

Please suggest a sollution because really nothing is working for me.

GenericWindowsUser, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

PC says unidentified network after setting up network on PC's using ethernet

1. PC says unidentified network after setting up network on PC's using ethernet - Similar Threads - says unidentified network

2. Ethernet will not work and says “Unidentified Network”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet will not work and says “Unidentified Network”: Had an issue come up on my PC where the ethernet does not work. Instead of having my network name, it says “Unidentified Network”. Running the troubleshooter presents the phrase, “‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.”I have tried everything i’ve seen online such...
  3. Ethernet will not work and says “Unidentified Network”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet will not work and says “Unidentified Network”: Had an issue come up on my PC where the ethernet does not work. Instead of having my network name, it says “Unidentified Network”. Running the troubleshooter presents the phrase, “‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.”I have tried everything i’ve seen online such...
  4. Ethernet will not work and says “Unidentified Network”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unidentified network on ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unidentified network on ethernet: The other day I was on my computer when I lost internet connection to my computer but it was fine for everything else in my house I prior to this happening I did not touch anything to do with my Ethernet or anything that could just disable my internet. I use à TP-link AV600...
  6. Unidentified network on ethernet

Unidentified network on ethernet: The other day I was on my computer when I lost internet connection to my computer but it was fine for everything else in my house I prior to this happening I did not touch anything to do with my Ethernet or anything that could just disable my internet. I use à TP-link AV600...
  7. Ethernet "unidentified network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet "unidentified network": Whenever I try to plug an ethernet cable into my pc, it always says it's an unidentified network. I've already tried restarting my router. Network troubleshooter doesn't help either. I'm not sure what to do from here....
  8. Ethernet Unidentified Network

Ethernet Unidentified Network: Hello I have just gotten a new ethernet cable running from my router downstairs up into my computer and my problem is that every time I turn on my computer, it wont connect and says in the bottom right with all networks 'Unidentified network' and underneath 'No internet'....
  9. Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet

Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet: Changed some network names and SSID settings to a router. Had 4 PC's downstairs coming off of a switch box. Each fed into an ethernet adaptor. Worked fine. Now the ethernet setting shows Unidentified Network, and speeds are like wifi speeds. Not obvious whats up....
  10. Unidentified Network - Ethernet

Unidentified Network - Ethernet: So.... a few weeks ago my network suddenly didn't work. It was written Unidentified Network - No Internet connection. I've tried everything but it didn't work, so I bought a network pci card in order to fix the problem, and it did. BUT a few weeks later my ssd died and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unidentified network between two pcs connected via ethernet

2. pcs set up via ethernet switch say unidentified network