Windows 10: PC says update is running but not so

Discus and support PC says update is running but not so in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] When requesting updates I get return message "I am up to date". All help is appreciated 142718 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AFTommy, Oct 17, 2019.

1. AFTommy Win User

PC says update is running but not so

PC says update is running but not so [​IMG]

When requesting updates I get return message "I am up to date".
    All help is appreciated

:)

AFTommy, Oct 17, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 17, 2019
  3. moxojo Win User
    Splash screen says "this PC is unable to run windows 10" - Compatibility report says "You're Good to Go"

I have a weird issue where the Windows 10 App is giving different information depending on what screen I am on.

When I first open the app it says "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10" (See screen shot below)

PC says update is running but not so 417c1062-34da-41e9-843b-b5111b291b3d.jpg

So I click on the "View Report" to check the compatibility issue and I get a clean bill of health saying "You're good to go, Your PC will work with Windows 10"

PC says update is running but not so 8b9e6d02-5777-481b-a89e-f31c7793461d.jpg

What gives? I have not seen the temp folder showing that any files are getting downloaded in preparation for an install.

Background:

• The first time the compatibility report ran I had the widely reported issue of the CPU being reported as incompatible. I followed the instructions for forcing the patch for the App to be installed and I forced the compatibility checker to be re-run by following
      the steps over here How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error (steps that are also suggested on this forum)
      • for whatever reason I got a confirmation saying that the compatibility checker had run in the command prompt but when I opened the app the last run day was from over a month ago and it still listed my CPU as being incompatible
      • Tried several more times with the same result
    • When the Launch date happened the App must have run itself as the "last run" date changed to 7/29 and the compatibility check says I am all good. But the splash screen still says this PC is unable to run windows 10
    • Uninstalling the app and re-downloading the necessary KB's doesn't fix the problem
    System info:

• Lenovo W520 4270CTO
    • CPU: i7-2960XM @ 2.70 GHz
    • Video Card - Intel HD Graphics
    • Video Card Discrete - NVIDIA Quadro 2000M
    • Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
    Any thoughts / suggestions? Thanks!

moxojo, Oct 17, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC says update is running but not so :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. PC says update is running but not so - Similar Threads - says update running

2. So I'm running Windows 10, version 22H2 and my PC on start up says that I'm in Vermont or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I'm running Windows 10, version 22H2 and my PC on start up says that I'm in Vermont or...: So I'm running Windows 10, version 22H2 and my PC on start up says that I'm in Vermont or some USA State which is not correct as i'm in Australia. How is this fixed?...
  3. So I'm running Windows 10, version 22H2 and my PC on start up says that I'm in Vermont or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I'm running Windows 10, version 22H2 and my PC on start up says that I'm in Vermont or...: So I'm running Windows 10, version 22H2 and my PC on start up says that I'm in Vermont or some USA State which is not correct as i'm in Australia. How is this fixed?...
  4. So I'm running Windows 10, version 22H2 and my PC on start up says that I'm in Vermont or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. So nice Saying it twice

in Windows 10 Customization
    So nice Saying it twice: This can live on the taskbar and of course same for all desktops. SO easy to access anything & everything, NOTHING in FOLDERS and just have to know the alphabet Need only be reset if just rebooted. Size, View & Sort customisable. And each item has a Rt Clk menu. Have used...
  6. why is my pc running so slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my pc running so slowly: my pc is loading so slowly. what may be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-running-so-slowly/206502e2-9c6d-4d4b-84f5-cc42b5957646
  7. Why is Windows Update running so slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows Update running so slow: I started installing the latest Window update on my Lenovo computer an two hours ago and it is only 27% through and seems to be stuck on 27%. I have had lengthy installs before but nothing this slow. Why is this happening? I just doubled my download speed with my...
  8. After update it runs so so so slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update it runs so so so slow: Hi there, I have this laptop for 4 years now. It is an ACER Aspire E15 and I can just write what it is written on it as I do not really understand ”computers” :)) IntelCore i5-5200U Intel HD Graphics 5500 6 GB DDR3 L Memory 1000GB HDD When I bought it I just googled...
  9. Why is my Win10 PC running so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my Win10 PC running so slow?: Hello My Windows 10 (x64) laptop is running very slow. How do I find out why? Background: - I have loads of disk space 315GB is free (on a 512GB solid state disk) - My Windows Task Manager doesn't seem too busy (usually at c. 10 to 20%) - Hardware: - Model: Samsung Series...
  10. Why is my Win10 PC running so slow?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my Win10 PC running so slow?: Hello My Windows 10 (x64) laptop is running very slow. How do I find out why? Background: - I have loads of disk space 315GB is free (on a 512GB solid state disk) - My Windows Task Manager doesn't seem too busy (usually at c. 10 to 20%) - Hardware: - Model: Samsung Series...