Windows 10: PC screen freaks out displaying weird pixel boxes, then freezes, then eventually crashes...

Discus and support PC screen freaks out displaying weird pixel boxes, then freezes, then eventually crashes... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here's what it looks like while frozen Here's it crashing too ____ Specs I've had this issue for a couple of weeks and I'm stumped on what the fix is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by partypancake8, Jun 20, 2021.

1. PC screen freaks out displaying weird pixel boxes, then freezes, then eventually crashes...

Here's what it looks like while frozen Here's it crashing too ____ Specs I've had this issue for a couple of weeks and I'm stumped on what the fix is. This typically happens while playing games but has happened while just browsing the web. At first, I thought it was an overheating issue so I turned up my GPU fans and that seemed to fix it for a little but the issue still occurs so I'm thinking it's not a heat issue. I've played hundreds of hours of games on this card and have never had an issue with overheating or crashes. I haven't really found many others having this issue but I'm hoping

:)

partypancake8, Jun 20, 2021
  2. robrobwj Win User

Display issues - Pixelated at times

Hi all,

Having weird display issues on my Laptop running Windows 10 - Pictures and videos look a bit pixelated at times.
    All drivers updated and windows updates have been installed. See image below:

PC screen freaks out displaying weird pixel boxes, then freezes, then eventually crashes... [​IMG]

Any suggestions or fixes would really be appreciated.

robrobwj, Jun 20, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 20, 2021
  4. PC screen freaks out displaying weird pixel boxes, then freezes, then eventually crashes...

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

PC screen freaks out displaying weird pixel boxes, then freezes, then eventually crashes...

1. PC screen freaks out displaying weird pixel boxes, then freezes, then eventually crashes... - Similar Threads - screen freaks displaying

2. Weird glitchy pixels on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird glitchy pixels on screen: Hi! I had an issue with some weird glitchy pixels will attach pictures of it after I minimized my discord window. When I minimized my discord window on my second monitor it suddenly turned black for a mere second on both monitors and got back to normal again happened twice...
  3. Weird glitchy pixels on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird glitchy pixels on screen: Hi! I had an issue with some weird glitchy pixels will attach pictures of it after I minimized my discord window. When I minimized my discord window on my second monitor it suddenly turned black for a mere second on both monitors and got back to normal again happened twice...
  4. Freezing Screen, eventual crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing Screen, eventual crash.: I've used Event Viewer and it appears bugcheck is responsible for my crashing, this is happening periodically, sometimes when I return from Sleep or Hibernate othertimes in the middle of using an application and I haven't been able to pin it down, any help would be...
  5. Freezing Screen, eventual crash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing Screen, eventual crash.: I've used Event Viewer and it appears bugcheck is responsible for my crashing, this is happening periodically, sometimes when I return from Sleep or Hibernate othertimes in the middle of using an application and I haven't been able to pin it down, any help would be...
  6. Freezing Screen, eventual crash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Display pixelates and freaks out but in safe mode it’s fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display pixelates and freaks out but in safe mode it’s fine: I have a NVIDA GeForce 1660 in a pre-built I bought less than a year ago. I was gaming as I do most days and suddenly the screen pixelated into purple, blue, and green before shutting off completely. The tower refuses to turn off unless I force shut down it, I already tried...
  8. Freezing screen pixelated

Freezing screen pixelated: This just happened seemingly out of nowhere, but it is the second time this week. I tried ctr alt del to get to task manager but it doesn't respond to anything.It seems completely frozen, when I tried ctr alt del several times it started shaking but still didn't do anything....
  9. Unexplained freezing, display turning off and on and eventual full PC crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexplained freezing, display turning off and on and eventual full PC crash: Hello, I am here because I am not very experienced with troubleshooting crashes/BSoD etc.. and I was wondering if someone could please advise me on what to do to fix this. My PC is only 1.5 years old, all parts brand new except for the PSU which was second hand like new...
  10. Freaking out

Freaking out: I can't access Cortana, my windows bar and my notifications. I tried to fix by using Power Shell, but no corrupted files. Then I saw that task bar said Cortana Suspend, last night my computer updated, and I don't know if that messed up my system. I also had to change my email...