Windows 10: PC screen freezes while video playing

Discus and support PC screen freezes while video playing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home, Screen freezes and pc restarts, watching videos and screen freezes, needs to restart ? Getting this message at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WaldoViljoen, Mar 13, 2019.

1. PC screen freezes while video playing

I am running Windows 10 Home,

Screen freezes and pc restarts,

watching videos and screen freezes, needs to restart ?

Getting this message at advanced diplay settings : Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5A84&SUBSYS_36C417AA&REV_0B\3&11583659&1&10 requires further installation.

:)

WaldoViljoen, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 13, 2019
  3. MS Edge freezes PC when playing a video

I recently purchased a PC with W10. I have both MS Edge and IE 11. If I play a video in MS Edge, it freezes my PC and I have to use the power button to reboot. However I can play the same video in IE 11 with no problems....

Any suggestions?

Mike_Garland, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

PC screen freezes while video playing

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

PC screen freezes while video playing

1. PC screen freezes while video playing - Similar Threads - screen freezes while

2. PC is Crashing/freezing while playing any video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is Crashing/freezing while playing any video: My PC has been crashing/freezing lately and only while watching videos. Online/streaming videos and saved videos both have the same effect. My PC requires a hard reset everytime and it's killing me slowly.Games are running fine though, no problem at all. I'm running windows...
  3. PC is Crashing/freezing while playing any video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is Crashing/freezing while playing any video: My PC has been crashing/freezing lately and only while watching videos. Online/streaming videos and saved videos both have the same effect. My PC requires a hard reset everytime and it's killing me slowly.Games are running fine though, no problem at all. I'm running windows...
  4. PC is Crashing/freezing while playing any video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  6. PC freezes while watching videos

PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  7. My pc screen freezing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc screen freezing while playing games: Hello! My PC screen freezes while playing games League of Legends and CSGO, it wont even shutdown, I need to press restart button in order for it to reboot. My Windows has done all the updates possible, but isn't activated yet, I have checked my drivers couple of times and...
  8. Weird freezes while playing video games

Weird freezes while playing video games: I've recently been suffering from a rather awkward problem. Let's say I'm on an 8-hour binge of, say, League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm. During my first or second game it will unerringly freeze, but from then on, no matter how long I play everything is smooth...
  9. BSOD and freezing while playing video games

BSOD and freezing while playing video games: So the backstory: I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the...
  10. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos: Hello, I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in...