Windows 10: PC screen goes black, or restarts, randomly. Fresh Install on new Mobo. Kernel Power in...

Discus and support PC screen goes black, or restarts, randomly. Fresh Install on new Mobo. Kernel Power in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Recently installed a fresh copy of windows 10 home, did all the updates except the October 2020 Update (version 20H20). Its an AMD build,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aleks77x, Feb 23, 2021.

1. PC screen goes black, or restarts, randomly. Fresh Install on new Mobo. Kernel Power in...

PC screen goes black, or restarts, randomly. Fresh Install on new Mobo. Kernel Power in... -TjjyBUZjzsv3qt008f9Q2q_WQIWEw7riZUxnqY2i_8.jpg

Recently installed a fresh copy of windows 10 home, did all the updates except the October 2020 Update (version 20H20). Its an AMD build, had big issues with it before the fresh install - BSOD like 15 times a day and eventually wouldnt even turn on. So i replaced the motherboard and did a fresh install.

Have not had a BSOD yet, always just goes black and nothing happens and i have to hard reset or it just restarts, usually 2-3 times a day. Here is whats in the Event Viewer;

Thanks for any help!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asrock X570M Pro4

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Storage: Crucial MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Case: Fractal Design Focus G Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA GD (2019) 500 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

https://preview.redd.it/n4l9v0nkocj...bp&s=1e97844efab86a90c123076406a76c3a662788f9

https://preview.redd.it/i0httefjocj...bp&s=eb1310d80aa28e41c455514d8fe938719cf1ab7f

submitted by /u/aleks77x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aleks77x, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Zomadic Win User

Kernel Power 41 PC randomly restarts

My PC keeps restarting randomly, the GPU fans ramp up to 100% and no blue screen of death, just a black screen and the pc restarts, sometimes the monitor will report No Signal during the random restart process.

Hi, my PC keeps either restarting randomly, it says it is Kernel Power 41 in event viewer

I have tried memtest86 for over 12 hours
    I have tried sfc /scannow and CHKDSK
    My pc is not overheating, GPU temps never go above 73 and CPU never above 65
    It never occurs while in a game, so whenever PC is under load, the issue never occurs
    I have used DDU to uninstall graphics driver
    I have changed my power settings in windows
    I've updated my drivers, including BIOS

Windows 10 Pro version: 20H2

Zomadic, Feb 23, 2021
  3. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Feb 23, 2021
  4. PC screen goes black, or restarts, randomly. Fresh Install on new Mobo. Kernel Power in...

Critical Kernel Power 41 (63): Black screen, restart when playing game

Kernel Power 41 63

Computer turns black and automatically restarts when playing high demanding games, no BSOD, not overclocked.

Games that have crashed:

• Far Cry 4
    • The Division
    • Fortnite
    • Overwatch
    • Counter Strike GO
    • Last Man Standing

Specs:

• Cooler master 550w PSU
    • RX 470 4gb
    • Pentium g4560
    • Asrock MATX b250m MOBO
    • 2x 4gb rip jaws RAM
    • WD 1tb HDD
    • Gammamax 300 CPU Cooler

I built the PC myself, errors started when playing high demanding games for the first time. Ran stress tests when first built, prime95 and heaven whilst logging temps for 8 hours, no crashes or high temps (max cup temp 54 C, max gpu temp 76 C). However, when playing games, within an hour, computer crashes (always kernel 41 63). I sent the PC to the outlet where I purchased the parts from, they had their own technicians run tests on all the parts. Initially, they found a fault with the PSU, which was at that time a 500w EVGA bronze. They replaced it with a 550w Cooler master gold. Still experienced 41 63, black out and restarts. Took it back, I said I suspected the MOBO was the issue, so they replaced it under warranty, problem persisted. I took it back for a third time, they took it to their head office, did extensive testing and found a fault with the CPU, they replaced it. Took them 3 weeks to complete... issue is still not resolved.

At this point, my computer has been disassembled and parts replaced multiple times.

Things I have done:

• Updated all drivers (CPU, GPU, BIOS, sound etc)
    • Clean installation of Windows 10 multiple times
    • Stress tested with Heaven and Prime95
    • Logged temperatures while stress testing and playing games, haven’t seen any high temps
    • Disabled and enabled different sound drivers to test for conflicts
    • Replaced PSU, MOBO and CPU

I’ve logged temps when both stress testing and while playing games. Here is my latest HWINFO log when playing Fortnite and then black screen and restart, kernel power 41 63. crash-test.CSV

Happy to run any tests, suggestions and upload further logs. Really stuck on what to do....

gondorcalls, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

PC screen goes black, or restarts, randomly. Fresh Install on new Mobo. Kernel Power in...

1. PC screen goes black, or restarts, randomly. Fresh Install on new Mobo. Kernel Power in... - Similar Threads - screen goes black

2. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  3. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  4. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  5. KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart: Hello . Ever since I changed my computer to Intel Core i9-10850K 3600MHz AIO Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT ASUS TUF Gaming z490-plus RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsV DDR4 32GB 3600MHz CL16GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Be Quiet Dark POWER PRO11 1000Watt Since last year I have had a...
  6. KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart: Hello . Ever since I changed my computer to Intel Core i9-10850K 3600MHz AIO Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT ASUS TUF Gaming z490-plus RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsV DDR4 32GB 3600MHz CL16GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Be Quiet Dark POWER PRO11 1000Watt Since last year I have had a...
  7. Kernel Power 41 PC randomly restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power 41 PC randomly restarts: My PC keeps restarting randomly, the GPU fans ramp up to 100% and no blue screen of death, just a black screen and the pc restarts, sometimes the monitor will report No Signal during the random restart process. Hi, my PC keeps either restarting randomly, it says it is...
  8. Random restarts - Kernel Power 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random restarts - Kernel Power 41: Hello, Since connecting a new ssd drive (samsung evo 850 - installing only games on it - the system is on the second ssd drive) and reformatting my computer from time to time resets. If at the moment of reset, for example, music plays, you hear the sound freeze.I tried to...
  9. Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc: This started happening about a week ago, and it occurs almost once a day. The screen suddenly goes black for a second or so, then the pc restarts, it goes through the welcome screen etc. I get no warning at all. Its not because overheating, because sometimes it happens...
  10. PC randomly restarts itself - Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly restarts itself - Kernel Power: I had this problem a long time ago, the computer expercts said that the HDD is 'dead' so I replaced it, it worked fine. Now in last few days/weeks I've noticed that my PC restarts itself again without any warning. It's not so annoyig yet becasue it doesn't happen everyday and...