Windows 10: PC Screen has cut off edges and some text appears to be in low res

Discus and support PC Screen has cut off edges and some text appears to be in low res in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, so I just bought a new monitor and I've been having a problem with the edges being cut off, I'm running Windows 10 with an NVIDIA GTX 1080 and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spokboosh, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Spokboosh Win User

PC Screen has cut off edges and some text appears to be in low res

Hi, so I just bought a new monitor and I've been having a problem with the edges being cut off, I'm running Windows 10 with an NVIDIA GTX 1080 and an i7-8700. Also on this new monitor I find that some of the text that appears on the screen is in high resolution while the rest of it is not. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

:)

Spokboosh, Jan 17, 2019
  2. SamR0528 Win User

When using Quora (Win10 MS Edge) using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to cut and paste into a reply or comment results in the display of the HTML assciated with the text. How do I get just text?

Using Web app Quora with WIn10 and MS Edge

When I use CTRL+C to cut text from any website and then use CTRL+V to insert it into my Quora reply/comment the associated HTML is also displayed.

The only way I can work around this is to

• Paste the cut into Notepad (CTRL+V)
    • Recopy it (CTRL+C)
    • Paste the new snippet into Quora (CTRL+V)
    It appears from interaction with others on Quora that this is a MS Edge problem and the suggestion is I use Chrome instead.

I would prefer to use MS Edge

Any solution?

BTW It is a sad comment that the Category list below does not include MS Edge but only refers to Internet Explorer...

SamR0528, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Jan 17, 2019
  4. PC Screen has cut off edges and some text appears to be in low res

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

PC Screen has cut off edges and some text appears to be in low res

1. PC Screen has cut off edges and some text appears to be in low res - Similar Threads - Screen has cut

2. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  3. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  4. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  5. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  6. Low res installers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low res installers: All installers are super low res . And orange app is also super low res . My monitor is a 1080 p one submitted by /u/Gooierwheat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9t12g/low_res_installers/
  7. Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen: MSFT Edge cuts off the top part of the screen for some pages of course the ones I need. I have tried the Control + Shift + Windows + B and that only makes a ping sound without resolving the issue. Help appreciated...
  8. File explorer appears in low-res?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer appears in low-res?: [ATTACH] Hey! I'm sure there's an easy trick for this I'm missing. In the past two weeks or so, my file explorer has started appearing in low-res when it's opened via an upload screen. Doesn't do this in any other situation. It's not major but really annoys me - any ideas...
  9. Pc starts up in very low screen res with dataport

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc starts up in very low screen res with dataport: I had no problems previously when using an hdmi lead to my monitor, but since using a data port cable it sometimes starts up, in what looks like safe mode, but is actually a very low screen res wondered why this should be thanks 92330
  10. Low res on some app icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Low res on some app icons?: Just installed 10122 and noticed when I tried the Windows Key, some of the app icons appear in low res. I included the two top ones that look ok for comparison. 6239