Windows 10: PC screen remains blank. "black"

Discus and support PC screen remains blank. "black" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The computer got stuck like hanged remains till half an hour, and then i press the power button to switch off and when i again it switch on the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rashmiranjan1, Jan 9, 2020.

1. PC screen remains blank. "black"

The computer got stuck like hanged remains till half an hour, and then i press the power button to switch off and when i again it switch on the screen remains black till now. it about 2 hr of the same screen.

:)

rashmiranjan1, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jan 9, 2020
  4. PC screen remains blank. "black"

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

PC screen remains blank. "black"

1. PC screen remains blank. "black" - Similar Threads - screen remains blank

2. Black screen while using PC but the computer remains turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while using PC but the computer remains turned on: I've got a problem that started today. My PC just randomly displays black screen but it's still working and not restarting. I have to hard restart it sometimes it takes a few restarts to get my display working again.Blackscreen happens whenever I use multiple browsers or play...
  3. Black screen while using PC but the computer remains turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen while using PC but the computer remains turned on: I've got a problem that started today. My PC just randomly displays black screen but it's still working and not restarting. I have to hard restart it sometimes it takes a few restarts to get my display working again.Blackscreen happens whenever I use multiple browsers or play...
  4. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  5. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  6. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  8. Blank/Black Screen

Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  9. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is blank. Nothing but black.: Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the computer. well since then the computer starts but nothing but a black screen. Tried pressing all the f numbers, f8 etc and...