Windows 10: PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard

Discus and support PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I type with the keyboard or move the mouse the screens stutters for about 0.2 seconds and then does it again after 2 or 3 seconds if I continue to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LyubomirPetrov, Aug 16, 2018.

1. PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard

When I type with the keyboard or move the mouse the screens stutters for about 0.2 seconds and then does it again after 2 or 3 seconds if I continue to use them. I have tried troubleshooting, scanning for viruses, uninstalling drivers, different mouse and keyboard and rebooting.

I have no idea what might have caused the problem. No new programs were installed or something like that. One morning it just started doing it, I left for work came back and the stuttering was gone ( during the day the PC was on ). Now, 2 days later, the same problem is back.

When playing a video it is ok, but if the video is in fullscreen it starts stuttering even if I don't touch the mouse or keyboard.

:)

LyubomirPetrov, Aug 16, 2018

2. Mouse and Keyboard stutters really horribly

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with mouse and keyboard not working in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

How to uninstall and reinstall mouse and keyboard, please follow the steps given below.

Step 1: Uninstall the mouse and keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X on the desktop Screen and select
      Device manager.

• Expand Keyboard and mice driver and right-click on
      driver and select ‘uninstall’.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: You may refer to the computer manufacturer website and try installing keyboard and mice drivers and check.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Virus-j Win User

PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard

PC wont Start Black Screen (keyboard,mouse issue)

Ok.. after reading some of the replys, Some of this has gotten mixed up. So il Sum everything up.

Ok firstly I have Two Pc's One of which i have listed Under my name is System Specs which is Running Windows 7 and My other Pc which is Windows Xp which is the one with the problem Specs are Below.

AMD 245 2.9Ghz
    4GB Team Elite 2x2Gb
    Asrock N68-s Mobo
    160Gb Hard Drive
    550w CIT PSU

Ok For some Reason my Pc Refuses to Start up with a Keyboard and mouse in the Usb port All i get is a black Screen and so far the only way to get the pc in is if i keep Press ANy key on the keyboard and keep clicking on the mouse But this does not always work. I have tried A loads of Different Keyboards Mouses Etc... But none of which Seem to Work.

i have Tried all the Suggestions Given to me wont list them as there are loads now...Lol
    However one of the Suggestions Did kinda work which was to Connect my Keyboard mouse Using a Ps/2 adapter which Seems to be working ok But not fully sometimes it dont want to start up again say 2/10.

Yesterday i Went to a Friend of mine who is Pc Engineer and we connected it up Using His Psu and His microsoft keyboard and Mouse which worked Fine the problem was gone. Please note we done a bench Test Leaving only His Hard drive Connected to the board, He is also running windows Xp Pro ... Thought it Be best to Use Same OS.

But as soon as i Took it Home and tried it again thinking it was ok... I was wrong.

@Scaminatrix : Board was Bought Brand New was in my Windows 7 Rig for a week then i decided to Upgrade My Cpu and Mobo. So I stuck my Old Board and Cpu in this pc (One with the problem)

@Aleksander : Yh Saw the post about this Board. No Doesent have CPU Unlock, USb is enabled in Bios. Erm I have Tried loads of Different Keyboards and Mouses, Trust ,Microsoft, Sumvision about 6 different keyboards mouses i own and about 4 i borrowed from some Friends and the only one that worked was the engineers Microsoft Keyboard and mouse.

@jakeman97 : The Pc In My Specs is My Main Rig (One Running W7) and the one with the problem is my Second Rig which is Running windows Xp and is only really Used for Video Editing and the Ocational Game with a m8t ...Lol

Finger hurt now from typing...LOl

Virus-j, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard

1. PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard - Similar Threads - screen stutters using

2. no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on: After installing a new ssd I cant use mouse or keyboard. I think it is a driver issue but without a mouse or keyboard I cant seem to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-mouse-for-keyboard-when-switching-pc-on/e3ed26f1-9afa-4b73-81b7-212dec28192e
  3. no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on: After installing a new ssd I cant use mouse or keyboard. I think it is a driver issue but without a mouse or keyboard I cant seem to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-mouse-for-keyboard-when-switching-pc-on/e3ed26f1-9afa-4b73-81b7-212dec28192e
  4. no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse and keyboard stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard stuttering: I recently purchased an NZXT Foundation PC, and since then have installed a 3060 graphics card into it. After installing the graphic card I started having issues with my mouse and keyboard. The issue is, the keyboard and mouse 'stutters'. The mouse will turn off for 1-2...
  6. Mouse and keyboard stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard stuttering: I recently purchased an NZXT Foundation PC, and since then have installed a 3060 graphics card into it. After installing the graphic card I started having issues with my mouse and keyboard. The issue is, the keyboard and mouse 'stutters'. The mouse will turn off for 1-2...
  7. Mouse and keyboard stuttering

8. Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub

Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub: I have built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have connected a USB 3.0 hub to the port which is then connected to mouse and keyboard. When I connect the mouse and the keyboard separately it works fine. I have seen the exact same problem be posted in this forum link...
  9. Screen stutter when bluetooth keyboard wakes up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen stutter when bluetooth keyboard wakes up: Hi! I own the Microsoft Surface Keyboard (the bluetooth one without the cable option) and it will go into sleep mode after 1-2 ish minutes. However, each time I wake it up by pressing any button, Windows will stutter for 1 second and then everything is fine. I have tried to...
  10. Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ?: Hello, A few days ago my Asus desktop pc will only turn on by pressing power on button several times until pc starts..so i ordered another power switch cable from Asus spares ...but unfortunately the one ordered did not come with the plastic switch holder as it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows stutters when using swearch bar