Windows 10: PC scrolling up and down by itself

Discus and support PC scrolling up and down by itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few days ago, my desktop suddenly started scrolling up and down by itself. It has gotten bad enough that my computer is nearly unusable as it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abutter, May 15, 2019.

1. abutter Win User

PC scrolling up and down by itself

A few days ago, my desktop suddenly started scrolling up and down by itself. It has gotten bad enough that my computer is nearly unusable as it keeps clicking out of text fields, interrupting games, etc. Sometimes the mouse scroll wheel won't even respond.

So far, I have tried:

- Switching mice (both mice have done the same thing)

- Unplugging mouse and keyboard

- Disabling page up/down keys on the keyboard

- Installing windows updates

- Running a virus scan (nothing)

- Uninstalling and reinstalling mouse and tablet monitor drivers

- Restarting numerous times

- Updating apps

- Running a system scan (also nothing)

Absolutely nothing has worked. As far as I know, there were no updates or anything that led up to this. I don't have any devices such as a game controller that could be causing this. None of the keyboard keys are sticking, either. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

abutter, May 15, 2019

2. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 15, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. PC scrolling up and down by itself - Similar Threads - scrolling down itself

2. Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.: My dell laptop most of the time keeps scrolling down to the page by itself. any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-scrolling-down-itself-in-browsers-and/2e15b0f1-03c0-44cf-95d7-4571e9d44ec5
  3. Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.: My dell laptop most of the time keeps scrolling down to the page by itself. any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-scrolling-down-itself-in-browsers-and/2e15b0f1-03c0-44cf-95d7-4571e9d44ec5
  4. Volume goes up and down by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume goes up and down by itself.: I wonder if anyone has found a solution to windows automatically changing volume, especially if using web apps i.e. Edge/Chrome/TikTok etc. I'm using windows 11 home edition, fully updated with Windows Update. The sound changing is infuriating and according to web forums only...
  5. Volume goes up and down by itself.

Volume goes up and down by itself.: I wonder if anyone has found a solution to windows automatically changing volume, especially if using web apps i.e. Edge/Chrome/TikTok etc. I'm using windows 11 home edition, fully updated with Windows Update. The sound changing is infuriating and according to web forums only...
  6. Registry Editor won't stop scrolling down by itself

Registry Editor won't stop scrolling down by itself: I have been trying to take care of something in Registry Editor, but literally the moment I even move my cursor into the window, the screen immediately begins automatically scrolling down, making it pretty much impossible to be able to click anything in the window, as there...
  7. Volume goes up & down by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume goes up & down by itself: The volume on my pc isn't working when I take part in a zoom meeting or playing back a recording zoom/youtube/webinar. It starts out ok then dips down to almost nothing, then goes up again for a few seconds before going down again. My speakers are on 100%. I have run...
  8. mouse scrolling jumps up and down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse scrolling jumps up and down: When I go to scroll to read a page my mouse wheel jumps up and down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-jumps-up-and-down/cf96c624-0974-41d9-bbc3-69f52e02b9d3
  9. Volume turning itself up and down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume turning itself up and down: After the latest windows update my volume mixer is broken! Applications as well as system sounds turn themselves up and down by themselves! I thought I messed up something on the settings but I defaulted everything and it still doesent work. I ran trubleshooting and searched...
  10. Script Errors and Scrolling Up/Down

in Browsers and Email
    Script Errors and Scrolling Up/Down: Ever since I received updates last week Just about every website I go to gives me a multitude of script errors and trouble scrolling. I have used the tools-- internet--advance settings to check the settings to prevent this but nothing appears to function. Is there some other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 explorer scrolling up

2. pc randomly scrolling

3. pc scrolling by itself

4. software for scroll up and down,
  5. computer scrolls down by itself