Windows 10: PC seeing increase in BSODs

Discus and support PC seeing increase in BSODs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, and thank you in advance for your assistance.My computer has been BSODing, often at random. One crash occurred when I unplugged my headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Otharsis, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Otharsis Win User

PC seeing increase in BSODs

Hello, and thank you in advance for your assistance.My computer has been BSODing, often at random. One crash occurred when I unplugged my headphones from the USB port, but I haven't been able to replicate this.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 4eParameter 1: 2Parameter 2: 78e0Parameter 3: 46ffffParameter 4: 1OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.22000.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033When trying to access the MiniDump is tells me I don't have permissions. I downloaded WinDbg from the App Store

:)

Otharsis, Aug 9, 2022
  2. axe0 Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums PC seeing increase in BSODs :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

PC seeing increase in BSODs [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

axe0, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Frogger Win User

Help with BSOD

The OverClockers BSOD code list
    BSOD code list== 0x124 = increase/decrease QPI/VTT first, if not increase/decrease vcore...have to test to see which one it is

Frogger, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

1. PC seeing increase in BSODs - Similar Threads - seeing increase BSODs

2. BSOD increasing in frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD increasing in frequency: Hello,For about a year or so my laptop Asus Zenbook UX534FTC-AS77 would continuously restart while it was on the lock screen. It would restart every 10-15 minutes. This was not a big issue and I tried a few troubleshooting steps reinstalled windows. More recently the problem...
  3. BSOD increasing in frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD increasing in frequency: Hello,For about a year or so my laptop Asus Zenbook UX534FTC-AS77 would continuously restart while it was on the lock screen. It would restart every 10-15 minutes. This was not a big issue and I tried a few troubleshooting steps reinstalled windows. More recently the problem...
  4. BSOD Frequency Increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Frequency Increasing: Hi,I've been using my current computer for a while but began experiencing BSODs more and more often including an odd behavior where the machine would crash when launching Apex Legends, but not any other program about a week ago. They generally occur while interacting with a...
  5. BSOD Frequency Increasing

BSOD Frequency Increasing: Hi,I've been using my current computer for a while but began experiencing BSODs more and more often including an odd behavior where the machine would crash when launching Apex Legends, but not any other program about a week ago. They generally occur while interacting with a...
  6. BSOD Frequency Increasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC seeing increase in BSODs

PC seeing increase in BSODs: Hello, and thank you in advance for your assistance.My computer has been BSODing, often at random. One crash occurred when I unplugged my headphones from the USB port, but I haven't been able to replicate this.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 4eParameter...
  8. BSODs increasing in frequency

BSODs increasing in frequency: Hey there tenforum wizards. I have myself a Dell laptop that just recently started to BSOD on my. I'm doing this post on it now in safe mode, and it actually seems to be working okay here. Started by looking at bluescreenview, but I'm not savvy enough to make heads or tails...
  9. INCREASING BSOD - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

INCREASING BSOD - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hi, so my windows 10 machine, which I built myself about 6 months ago has been getting a real work out since ive been working from home the past few weeks and I am getting more and more BSOD on a daily basis. here is a link to my minidump folder containing system info as...
  10. BSOD Occurring with increasing frequency

BSOD Occurring with increasing frequency: Hope someone will be able to decipher what the issue is, I have looked at dump files but they all seem to point to: Analysis Inconclusive *Confused Please see attached. Kind regards, Rob 94252