Windows 10: PC seems to stick on a black screen before getting to the login screen

Discus and support PC seems to stick on a black screen before getting to the login screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've noticed for the last week or so, my PC seems to take around 20seconds from getting to a blank black screen to the actual login page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PLambert87, Apr 24, 2020.

1. PC seems to stick on a black screen before getting to the login screen

Hey guys, I've noticed for the last week or so, my PC seems to take around 20seconds from getting to a blank black screen to the actual login page.

I've never noticed it taking this long before, so I feel like something isn't quite right.
    I've scanned my machine and everything seems clean, and once I'm in to my windows, everything works as normal.

I've tried with fast boon enabled and disabled but no change.
    This is with windows being installed on an SSD.
    Also all updates are installed
    Any ideas

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, as an update, I've seemed to have figured it.
    While I also noticed my C drive was quite full, I downloaded TreeSize (Still 60gb left)

I came across 3 different folders which were excessively large and uneeded.
    One was some old Forza fils (70gb) (This was under programme files)
    One was a Fallout temp folder (40gb) (This was under users)
    Last one was hiberfil.sys (15gb) which I disabled (Seems to be a power option to do with hibernating)

I'm not sure which of the three may have solved the issue, but it seems fixed now... Strange

:)

PLambert87, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 24, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 24, 2020
  4. regan1985 Win User

PC seems to stick on a black screen before getting to the login screen

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

PC seems to stick on a black screen before getting to the login screen

1. PC seems to stick on a black screen before getting to the login screen - Similar Threads - seems stick black

2. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  3. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  4. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  6. Getting a black/blank screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a black/blank screen before login: Every time I start windows 10 i get a blank screen before the login screen. If I use the restart button at the from of my PC the Windows 10 splash screen comes on and once I press the space bar I can login. I did a clean install before all this started. I have used all...
  7. Black screen before login

Black screen before login: Hi, I have a desktop PC, about 6 years old, running Windows 10. In the last few days, it was coming up with a black screen showing the curser only, randomly, after being used for a short while nothing specifc seemed to trigger it, I was just browsing the Internet or...
  8. Black screen before login screen

Black screen before login screen: Hello everyone. I have recently experienced a problem with Windows 10. Whenever I select Windows 10 (I have dual-boot configuration, the other OS is Ubuntu), it normally boots and I hear the startup sound. I also see the mouse indicator and I can sometimes control it, yet...
  9. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  10. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...