Windows 10: "PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup

Discus and support "PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I have Win 10 v1809 installed onto a HP Z400 workstation. (yes its old) Its running the most recent BIOS and works fine when in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jabsy, Apr 16, 2019.

1. jabsy Win User

"PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup

Hello all,

I have Win 10 v1809 installed onto a HP Z400 workstation. (yes its old) Its running the most recent BIOS and works fine when in a workgroup. Once I add the PC to our domain, the start button and taskbar wont work. I had to add "Classic Shell"9third pary app) to get anything... With that running I can get access to the start menu via the app, but anything native just wont work. I noticed the coincidence when the Classic Shell app was running, that the "PC Settings" icon wont work. Nothing happens, pretty much everything taskbar related wont work actually...

If I remove the PC from the domain, and log on to the workgroup as a local admin, everything else works fine again.

I've checked our Group Policies, looks OK. I've forced an update, loaded the latest .admx files, I just cant work out the problem. Drivers are all good.

I've tried a few of the fixes online that suggest different things, no luck either. It doesn't matter which domain user logs on, its all the same. I have run the system file checker, even done a refresh install.

Has anybody had this issue before?? I am stumped.

:)

jabsy, Apr 16, 2019
  2. psyko12 Win User

Windows 7 Workgroup help in setting up password

Thanks for the suggestion, but have done what mussels and the other guy said, I've made user accounts via Computer management console\Local Users and Groups\Users.

I've set up an account where we admins can control the specific shared folder when logged in remotely *Smile "PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup :).

My only problem is due to the command I tinkered with "net use \\PC-01\IPC$ /del" on computer #1, made it disappear from the network/workgroup even if it is joined there.

Would making it join a fake workgroup eg. workgroup and re joining the original one "501 Computers" fix it?

EDIT: No need for domain things, this just a small lan of 6 computers 1 of them just named as a Server (not really a dedicated server machine).

psyko12, Apr 16, 2019
  3. BXtreme Win User
    how to remove a pc from workgroup

i've run up in a problem...I was setting up a wlan with another pc from my new insp 1520 and ended up setting it right but with the exception of making an invalid entry in the pc's workgroup showing a "computer not found on the network". Now how can I remove it! ANy suggestions ??? *Confused "PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup :confused: OR HIDE IT PLZ!

BXtreme, Apr 16, 2019
  4. "PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup

In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

"PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup

1. "PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup - Similar Threads - Settingsapp woring domain

2. Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC: Hi, I have problem to access a file share with the local user credential from a domain joined PC. I map the file share through network drive and select different user the login prompt shows up but the credential never get pass. Is it anything wrong that I do?...
  3. Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC: Hi, I have problem to access a file share with the local user credential from a domain joined PC. I map the file share through network drive and select different user the login prompt shows up but the credential never get pass. Is it anything wrong that I do?...
  4. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  5. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  6. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to set wallpaper in a WorkGroup without a domain?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set wallpaper in a WorkGroup without a domain?: Hello, I'm trying to set a wallpaper in all machines of my WorkGroup, and I don't have a domain, how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-wallpaper-in-a-workgroup-without-a/12c633ef-93a5-4fcf-94e2-056aae1edb36
  8. Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup?: I have a personal domain name (mydomain.com) and it resolves to my home IP but I don't have AD or any Windows servers setup in my home network. For 1 single PC w/ Windows 10 installed, should I specify mydomain.com in the Domain name or specify a Workgroup? What happens if I...
  9. Domain and Workgroup

Domain and Workgroup: I want to know if I setup domain then what is the benefit and if I setup homegroup then what is the benefit, which one is more useful. I read two articles from google but did not clear my queries: https://hubsadda.com/domain-vs-workgroup/...
  10. Missing domain for Workgroup

Missing domain for Workgroup: I have put my comuter into a Workgroup but it doesn't have a domain. I don't know how to create or find a domain for the Workgroup, This is causing me problems with Windows. What do you think I am missing here, and how would I correct it in your opinion? Thanks!...