Windows 10: pc settings change after every update

Discus and support pc settings change after every update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why do i have to change all my settings after every single update? i have apps and programs opening on start up that i have previously stopped, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ianpankhurst, Mar 15, 2019.

1. pc settings change after every update

why do i have to change all my settings after every single update?

i have apps and programs opening on start up that i have previously stopped, my screen resolution always changes among loads of other things.

its like i need to make a list of everything i change so i can spend another hour re-doing it after every update!!!!

if this continues, i will just have to buy a MAC

:)

ianpankhurst, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 15, 2019
  4. malware Win User

pc settings change after every update

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

pc settings change after every update

1. pc settings change after every update - Similar Threads - settings change every

2. Configuration Settings Changed After 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configuration Settings Changed After 20H2 Update: I looked at my API Log after the 20H2 update, and I noticed something unusual with regard to device migration.cmd: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cleanmgr.exe /autoclean /d C: set: Searching for not-recently detected devices that may be removed from the system. set: Devices will be...
  3. Settings change every reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings change every reboot: Hello everyone,so I have the problem that every single time I start my PC, the setting "show window content while dragging" gets disabled for some reason. Every single time I re-enable it and I dont know why it does it. It is really annoying and I hope you can help me fix...
  4. Settings change every reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings change every reboot: Hello everyone,so I have the problem that every single time I start my PC, the setting "show window content while dragging" gets disabled for some reason. Every single time I re-enable it and I dont know why it does it. It is really annoying and I hope you can help me fix...
  5. Settings change every reboot

6. NIC set static IP after every WIFI change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NIC set static IP after every WIFI change: I have strange problem the last days. after every wifi change, the internetprotocol enables the static IP function, rather then automatic. Here is a screenshot: [ATTACH] I didnt change any driver, hardware or other conditions and could find a suitable solution at the...
  7. Folder settings changed after 1909 update

Folder settings changed after 1909 update: So i've finally updated to 1909 from 1809 and i used to folder view settings backup tool on this website however when i go to restore the settings nothing changes. Example my downloads folder remained group. Other folders that were full of pictures stay in detailed mode...
  8. Why do my LAN and Internet settings change seems like after every update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do my LAN and Internet settings change seems like after every update.: Seems like after every update and every when not updating my LAN and Internet settings change. I do have access to my other PCs then next day I don't. It is driving me batty. Please give em a hint how I can lock them in....
  9. Sound Settings change after update

Sound Settings change after update: Why is it nearly every time Windows 10 updates it changes previously set sound settings? Also on the last update it totally wiped all my music out of windows media player and it will not retrieve it anymore....
  10. personalized settings not responding after every windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    personalized settings not responding after every windows update: Every time there is a windows 10 update and the computer restarts after the update, I can reach the login screen and log in but then I get a black screen with a white box indicating personalized settings not responding. I have done a ctrl alt del to get to task manager and...