Windows 10: PC settings won't start

Discus and support PC settings won't start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I tag PC settings, the icon shows up in the task bar, but it does not show me the PC settings screen. So, with this, I am not able to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KETBD, Nov 22, 2014.

1. KETBD Win User

PC settings won't start

When I tag PC settings, the icon shows up in the task bar, but it does not show me the PC settings screen. So, with this, I am not able to change anything on that screen. Same condition for the other users on this machine.

Anyone have any thoughts?

:)

KETBD, Nov 22, 2014

2. Windows 10 start screen

My windows 10 start screen won't display on my PC. Tried all the settings. Any ideas?

ryangrabert, Nov 22, 2014
  3. PC Suite syncronisation settings won't even start

Connection is ok via Bluetooth or cable. Ever way the sync wizard or setting won't start. Pressing Syncronise "Settings" button doesn't do anything. The sync wizard should have started where I try to sync first time - nothing. Reinstalled and rebooted
    several times.

Right now I feel like I would want to throw this expensive phone against the wall because I just can't even import my contacts.

I have 6110 Navigator.

PCSuite 6.84.10.3 (installed over 6.82 which also didn't work)

Vista Business (Lenovo/IBM T60)

Office 2007

Copied sys info:

Operating system:

Microsoft Windows Vista

Build 6000

No service pack installed

Language: English

Language for non-Unicode programs: Eesti

Locale: Eesti

Input language: Eesti

Nokia PC Suite:

Version 6.84.10.3

Language: English

Connectivity Cable Drivers:

Version 6.84.4.0

PC Connectivity Solution:

Version 7.22.7.1

Microsoft Outlook:

Version 12.0

Build 5000

Bluetooth stacks:

WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack

Version 6.0.1

Build 3500

Microsoft Bluetooth stack

Version 6.0.6000

Build 16386

margustiru, Nov 22, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

PC settings won't start

Hello KETBD,

When you hover over the PC settings icon on the taskbar, do you see a taskbar thumbnail preview of it?

If so, then the PC settings window may be off-screen. If this is the case, then you could try the method in the tutorial below to see if you may be able to drag it back on-screen.

Offscreen Window - Move Back to Desktop - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Nov 22, 2014
  5. KETBD Win User
    Excellent! That was it! Thank you. Not sure how it got off the screem, but solved now.
    Thanks for the tutorial, it will be helpful in the future,
    Best regards

KETBD, Nov 22, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC settings won't start

1. PC settings won't start - Similar Threads - settings won't start

2. Pc won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won't start: Hy everyone, I'm celine from indiaI'm facing a problem with my Windows7 desktop I'm really freaking out, I can't start my pcMy keyboard and mouse is not working at When I try to turn it on its showing Attention Going To sleep modeI dnt know what to do nowPls help me...
  3. Pc won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won't start: Hy everyone, I'm celine from indiaI'm facing a problem with my Windows7 desktop I'm really freaking out, I can't start my pcMy keyboard and mouse is not working at When I try to turn it on its showing Attention Going To sleep modeI dnt know what to do nowPls help me...
  4. pc won't start correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc won't start correctly.: i forgot when this happened but, my pc recently stopped working, when i turn it on it loads normally but when it goes to the windows logo screen with the spinning dots it suddenly shows the blue screen " we ran into a problem with your pc " and so on, then it shuts off and...
  5. pc won't start correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc won't start correctly.: i forgot when this happened but, my pc recently stopped working, when i turn it on it loads normally but when it goes to the windows logo screen with the spinning dots it suddenly shows the blue screen " we ran into a problem with your pc " and so on, then it shuts off and...
  6. Pc won't start

Pc won't start: My nephew turned his new pc off during the initial setup and now is stuck trying to fix then tells you to restart then it trys to fix again. I tried to reboot it and tried system restore but it asks for a password and he swears he didn't have one. Is there anything i can do...
  7. PC won't start anymore

PC won't start anymore: My PC freezed today and after restart didn't start anymore. All that shows on the screen is the initial page with the spinning stars, then an empty black screen and then nothing.. On another restart, I got the orange screen with the waiting notification that very soon seconds...
  8. PC won't start

PC won't start: PC won't restart having switch the power off when a DVD stopped responding. Expected to have a message improper shut down instead the message is windows.com stop code Critical process died. Have tried troubleshooting nothing works I thought the easiest thing would be system...
  9. Settings app won't start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app won't start: Hi I reinstalled windows 10 other day and ever since settings app won't open it flashes on screen and is gone it says there is no app to open this. I have tried to reinstall for days now and problem still happens. I have very limited use of my pc over this and is really...
  10. PC Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Start: Hello... I've got a new Dell XPS8900 and often the PC won't start unless power cord is unplugged and replugged. Any thoughts on the possible cause and fix for this problem? Thank you for your assistance. 67696