Windows 10: [PC Setup] Good idea to separate the installation of content creation apps (ProTools,...

Discus and support [PC Setup] Good idea to separate the installation of content creation apps (ProTools,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was thinking that I could have a 'Software development' user and a 'Content Creation' user account on my new Windows 10 3950X Workstation PC. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rosshoytmusic, Feb 25, 2020.

1. [PC Setup] Good idea to separate the installation of content creation apps (ProTools,...

I was thinking that I could have a 'Software development' user and a 'Content Creation' user account on my new Windows 10 3950X Workstation PC. My other idea was to have one user account, but create custom Program File folders for the different types of applications, to at least keep them better organized and accessible. Would love to hear from anybody who has experience using a Windows system for dual-use, or any other opinions as well.

submitted by /u/rosshoytmusic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rosshoytmusic, Feb 25, 2020
  2. dustyshiv Win User

Avid Protools 9 System Requirements

Guys,

I want to build a system (Desktop) for my friend who intends to do professional recording and editing of audio using avid protools 9. The system specs indicate a Xeon powered system. But the laptop specs also include an i7920 and even a core 2Duo.

Seagate Support | Seagate Support Deutschland

My question is would Protools 9 run smooth on i7950 powered system? Any of u guys running this or have suggestions, please let me know!!

Cheers,
    Shiv

dustyshiv, Feb 25, 2020
  3. windows 10 and protools 8... will it work?

I understand there has been compatibility issues with protools and win8, but has anyone had any success with protools 8 and win10? Would love to hear if you have any experience as like the idea of win10, but afraid to upgrade from win7 which works well.
    Many thanks

Infinity TrainingAcademy, Feb 25, 2020
  4. [PC Setup] Good idea to separate the installation of content creation apps (ProTools,...

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

[PC Setup] Good idea to separate the installation of content creation apps (ProTools,...

1. [PC Setup] Good idea to separate the installation of content creation apps (ProTools,... - Similar Threads - Setup idea separate

2. Is it a good Idea to Install Windows XP along windows 10 Dualboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it a good Idea to Install Windows XP along windows 10 Dualboot: I have installed windows xp pro iso file should i install it with my Windows 10 Pro ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-a-good-idea-to-install-windows-xp-along/94b734f5-b776-4159-b067-0b4fba8a46fb
  3. Is it a good Idea to Install Windows XP along windows 10 Dualboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it a good Idea to Install Windows XP along windows 10 Dualboot: I have installed windows xp pro iso file should i install it with my Windows 10 Pro ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-a-good-idea-to-install-windows-xp-along/94b734f5-b776-4159-b067-0b4fba8a46fb
  4. Any idea how to organize apps separately this way?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea how to organize apps separately this way?: I saw someone on youtube that has his apps organized in several groups like this https://imgur.com/sTy8IIt Any idea how to do it? (I know how to center the apps on the taskbar, tons of tutorials on youtube. Just can't figure out how to group and space the icons out like in...
  5. Is it a good idea to install the latest update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it a good idea to install the latest update?: I paused my updates a while back and forgot to unpause them. I am still running on the 2/11/2020 update. Should I install the latest cumulative update of just the latest security patches? In case it matters, this is a gaming pc. submitted by /u/Turboyoshi0406 [link]...
  6. Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea?: Greetings, I've learned a lot at these forums. Thanks to all you veteran users tolerating a Windows to Mac SWITCHER. I've also learned a lot of British YouTuber Britec. He has a bit of advice here that I find interesting. That you not use your Admin account but instead a...
  7. resizing a partition -is it a good idea?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    resizing a partition -is it a good idea?: i have come across a program that can resize a new partition when if the primary disk is too full. and wondering how would resizing a partition benefit me in the long run? -not to say iam running low in memory, but "just in case"*Nerd 71887
  8. Installing second range booster wireless adapter - good or bad idea?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing second range booster wireless adapter - good or bad idea?: I'd like to extend the range of my laptop so that it can connect to my wireless router about 50 yards away. My workshop is in a metal shed away from the house and there are times that it would be nice to connect to the internet from there. I bought a D-Link N300 RangeBooster...
  9. 10 on an oldies laptop. Good idea?

in Windows 10 Support
    10 on an oldies laptop. Good idea?: I've had to fix the mother in laws windows 7 laptop which was in a right state. I've installed the 10 technical preview and it runs sweet, found all drivers, easy peasy. No waiting forever to download updates.......boots faster etc. When it comes to windows 10...
  10. Can’t remove searchscopes: is doing a clean install a good idea?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t remove searchscopes: is doing a clean install a good idea?: Can’t remove searchscopes: is doing a clean install a good idea? My friend has a Win10 HP (x64) desktop and it has become seriously affected by searchscopes. The computer is as slow as molasses. I’ve tried to use Remove virus (Easy Removal Guide) but no luck. Running...