Windows 10: Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting

Discus and support Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a long one. After restarting my pc to install the latest windows update, I notice I can only use 8gb out of my 16gb of ram, and the ram was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eno Metone, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting

This is a long one. After restarting my pc to install the latest windows update, I notice I can only use 8gb out of my 16gb of ram, and the ram was running at 1333mhz instead of 3000mhz. I open msconfig and set it so I can use all my ram. I restart my pc, then blue screen, with the error code “Bad System config info” I completely reinstall windows, and I’m no longer blue screening, but am still stuck with 8gb of ram at 1333mhz. I try setting the ram to 16gb again, restart, then I get the same blue screen. I follow a guide on youtube, fix the blue screen loop, and I’m still only using 8gb of ram. I try again, get the same blue screen, and tried reusing the guide i found on youtube. I restart my pc to boot into windows, but it isn’t booting. It keeps turning on and off, showing nothing on my display, and none of my peripherals are getting power. I tried reseating the ram, and took out the cmos battery, but it still keeps restarting. I don’t know what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

Eno Metone, Mar 30, 2020

2. Black Screen after restarting computer (after installing intel HD 3000 graphics using teamviewer)

Hi Evan,

I realize that you get a black screen after restarting computer. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the PC?

• Does the issue reoccur if you remove the Intel HD 3000 graphics card?

Suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

Unplug your external devices

When you are at the black screen, try unplugging any peripherals you have plugged in at the time, and wait for a moment. If your screen becomes visible again, plug the peripherals back in one at a time.

Use Safe Mode

If unplugging peripherals not resolve the issue, for each of the troubleshooting steps below, you will need to use Safe Mode to troubleshoot this issue. To enter Safe Mode:

1. Reboot the PC, and when you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you click the Power button and select Restart.
    2. When the system reboots, you will enter the Windows Recovery Environment.Select Troubleshoot, and then Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and Restart. When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
    Reinstall your graphics card driver:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right-click your display adapter and select Uninstall. Then reboot your PC.
    Check the registry

You may also see a black screen after signing in if the user interface has been replaced with software that is incompatible with Windows 10. You can check this in the registry. Warning: This solution will modify the registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Prior to attempting these steps, you should backup the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Run.
    2. Type regedit.exe into the Open text box and click OK.
    3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    4. Click to select the WinLogon key, and then, in the right pane, click Shell. The value of Shell in the Data column should be explorer.exe. If the value of Shell isn't explorer.exe, double-click Shell, and then, in the Value data text field, enter explorer.exe, and then click OK.
    5. Close the Registry Editor and then restart your PC.

Check for a corrupted user account

There could be a problem with the user account. To test this, create a new administrator user account and check if the new account also boots to a black screen:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of your choice):

net user test <password> /add
      net localgroup Administrators test /add

Provided by: Sharath Srinivasa, Microsoft Forum Moderator.

See if any of this works for you,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting

1. Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting - Similar Threads - showing black screen

2. My pc keeps black screening and restarts or blue screens and the blue screen will sometimes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc keeps black screening and restarts or blue screens and the blue screen will sometimes...: I built my pc a year back and everything seemed to be fine. It was up until about 2 months ago i downgraded to windows 10 easing all my data and for those 2 months no errors had occurred. One day i was sitting idle on chrome eating and my pc blue screened out of no where and...
  3. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  4. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  5. PC keeps blue screening with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and then restarts pc to show...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps blue screening with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and then restarts pc to show...: This has been happening for many months and i can't figure out which piece of hardware is causing the problem, i have swapped out the CPU and GPU and am still having the issue. I have updated bios, set bios settings to default, done a memory checker and temps are normal. Here...
  6. PC keeps blue screening with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and then restarts pc to show...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps blue screening with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and then restarts pc to show...: This has been happening for many months and i can't figure out which piece of hardware is causing the problem, i have swapped out the CPU and GPU and am still having the issue. I have updated bios, set bios settings to default, done a memory checker and temps are normal. Here...
  7. PC keeps blue screening with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and then restarts pc to show...

8. My PC Shows a black screen after login, and I have to keep restarting to fix it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC Shows a black screen after login, and I have to keep restarting to fix it.: Every time I turn on my slow Windows 10 PC, its screen turns black after I enter my password at the login screen. I have to keep restarting it using the power button, and I do it about three times with no progress until a blue "Please wait..." screen appears before login. My...
  9. PC keeps restarting and showing 64%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC keeps restarting and showing 64%: Hello, i tried clearing my computer because there was a lot of junk and i tried to re install windows and when it git 64% its started restarting its kept showing Asus screen with a little loading circle and then said welcome and kept showing the 64% percent screen. Please if...
  10. PC keeps restarting, crashing, freezing and showing Blue Screens.

PC keeps restarting, crashing, freezing and showing Blue Screens.: As the title reads, my PC has been crashing a lot lately. I've tried running various troubleshooting programs on my PC, but none seem to help. I do believe that it has to do with my drivers or the Windows update, but I'm not sure. Whenever I try to update my PC to the latest...