Windows 10: PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Discus and support PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG]This appeared on my screen when i turned it on and I restarted it many times but it didnt work. I went to the advanced options and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by claricesim, Nov 6, 2019.

1. PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting [​IMG]This appeared on my screen when i turned it on and I restarted it many times but it didnt work. I went to the advanced options and tried to trouble shoot but it also couldnt help me. I clicked Reset this pc after I clicked troubleshoot this pc but it just told me it couldnt reset. Please helpPC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting :(

***Modified title from: REPAIR MY COMPUTER ***

:)

claricesim, Nov 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Nov 6, 2019
  3. "Preparing Automatic Repair" Screen Boot Problem

Hi Jard,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to perform startup repair using a Windows 10 installation disk by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Startup Repair is a Windows Recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your computer for the problem, and then tries to fix it so your computer can
    start correctly.

Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the System Recovery Options menu. This set of tools is located on your computer’s hard disk, and on the Windows Installation disc.

If you are on Windows 10, I suggest you to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (i.e. USB or DVD) using

Media Creation Tool
    . Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
        Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select
        Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will
        restart
        . Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click
      Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      . Select Advanced options from the window and click on
      Startup repair option.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 6, 2019
  4. DJKeloid Win User

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

"Preparing Automatic Repair" Screen Boot Problem

Hello, I have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and everything was going fine with my laptop. Until a few days ago when I turned on my laptop the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen prompt appeared. So I waited for almost an hour and
    the screen still had the same prompt. So I checked microsoft community and found this question that was relative to my problem. Thankfully there was an answer to the question on how to solve this issue. So I followed the bootable media route since windows
    10 is all ready on my laptop. But when I insert a usb drive with the media tool on it and start up my laptop the screen says "Missing Operating System". Please help on what to do next afterwards, Thanks!

DJKeloid, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

1. PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting - Similar Threads - shows Automatic Repair

2. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.: Hello,Once I have logged in to my computer, the automatic repair screen comes up. I have tried most of the recovery methods and have installed Windows 10 on to my pen drive as this is the latest version that it can run. I tried to install Windows 10 using this method, but it...
  3. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.: Windows 10 not able to boot,after automatic repair noting happen,windows failed to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-does-not-boot-and-showing-automatic-repair/61cea1ff-500e-4214-b032-410d3822aadc
  4. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.: Windows 10 not able to boot,after automatic repair noting happen,windows failed to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-does-not-boot-and-showing-automatic-repair/61cea1ff-500e-4214-b032-410d3822aadc
  5. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Pc freezing after the boot and preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezing after the boot and preparing automatic repair: So I have a gráfica card that I was trying on this computer, I tried she as ok until freezes and I make hard reboot, I take it off and the pc started giving me the message preparing automatic repair, on boot, then shows up windows load, but without the windows icon, and stays...
  7. Pc freezing after the boot and preparing automatic repair

Pc freezing after the boot and preparing automatic repair: So I have a gráfica card that I was trying on this computer, I tried she as ok until freezes and I make hard reboot, I take it off and the pc started giving me the message preparing automatic repair, on boot, then shows up windows load, but without the windows icon, and stays...
  8. Pc freezing after the boot and preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC won't boot into automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot into automatic repair: I've been trying to start windows from 0, using the ISO file media creation tool, right after I had my USB drive with the ISO file, I ran to my PC and tried to run it into automatic repair, but no matter how many times I tried, it didn't boot into it.Can someone explain why...
  10. Pc booting into Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc booting into Automatic repair: Last nighth I decided to restart my computor because it wasnt working right it was really slow no programs would open and when I restarted it it went straight into “the loop”. Ive tried everything nothing works reinstalling windows tried every single option it gives me...