Windows 10: PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode....

Discus and support PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title states. The PC works just fine when booting into safe mode, but if I boot normally it shows a black screen right after the Windows logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MyWholeTeamsDead, Apr 4, 2020.

1. PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode....

As the title states. The PC works just fine when booting into safe mode, but if I boot normally it shows a black screen right after the Windows logo (instead of the log-in screen). Failed GPU?

SPECS

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • Asus Prime B450M
    • Asus GTX970
    • 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 2133MHz DDR4
    • Crucial MX500 500GB SSD
    • WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB HDD
    • Windows 10 Home
    • Philips 224E 1080p/60Hz monitor
    submitted by /u/MyWholeTeamsDead
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MyWholeTeamsDead, Apr 4, 2020

2. Black Screen in Safe Mode only!

I am having trouble getting into safe mode, after I type my password, I get a black screen with nothing on it, the screen is lit up but black. It works in normal mode just not Safe Mode, I Googled 'Windows 10 Safe Mode black screen' but only results show telling you to go into Safe Mode to fix the problem, there is nothing regarding this problem in safe mode alone. This is a Windows tablet so removing cables, uninstalling/reinstalling or trying a new video card is not possible here. Tweaking.com told me to restart into Safe Mode to use the application and now I am stuck, the program will not clear the safe mode flag from the boot until I run the program which I cannot because of this issue.

Ornithophilia, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Screen won't show in Normal Mode

Hi, I've been having this same problem since last Monday, September 18th and it triggered as it follows:
    1. I was watching random videos in youtube on full-screen while a Malwarebytes Full Scan for malware ran in the background, as well as Blender with a file open, which I was editting constantly while I watched the vids.
    2. I got called for dinner and pressed space bar and escape, to pause and quit the full-screen mode, as it has caused a lot of glitches with the screensaver since forever.
    3. The screen froze and then went completely black, still emitting the light of a powered-on screen, not reacting to anything.
    4. I waited for about five minutes before forcing a power off by holding the button in my CPU. Then powered it back on.
    5. Introduced the BIOS password to access the OS.
    6. Windows 10 logo showed and then the screen went black again.
    7. I forced a system crash to get the blue "Your system didn't start well" screen. Then headed to Startup options.
    8. Restarted and chose "Safe mode with web access".
    9. The log in screen did show up.
    10. tried again with the "Normal Mode", or a normal startup, just to be greeted with the same black screen.
    11. I then noticed the red HDD LED light stopped blinking whenever that happened, and my mouse dc'd, only when running in normal startup.
    Starting from step 5, this has been my cycle all the while since it started, and it is driving me bonkers. I have tried logging in blindly, waiting like 2 minutes for it to be 100% started up, and switching the projection mode, I tried unplugging everything until the computer showed the screen up, but both to no use.
    I tried restablishing a safety copy, just to be greeted with some bullshit of the last copy being made that next Tuesday, and then, on Wednesday, to be greeted with a safety copy from the same Wednesday, made when the PC was completely shutted down. ( aka 01:49:30 AM). In both cases, it showed as if there were no other safes.
    I also tried the sfc -SCANNOW command in System32, or admin, command prompt., but it doesn't kick in any .txt file and claims it couldn't detect an error.
    Could someone please help me understand the origin of this issue, and how to fix it if possible? As for the time this is getting posted, I am making a backup of specific folders into Google Drive, to then reboot the PC and all of its contents into a clean install of windows. But I will not do it until I know it is the only option.

Just for the record, I am listing below some of the specifications of my pc, according to dxdiag, which I hope help in any way:
    • Language:Spanish
    • System Manufacturer and model: "System Manufacturer" and "System Product Name"
    • BIOS Date: 04/28/2012 15:31:11 Ver. 3.05
    • Processor:Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.1 GHz
    • Memory:4096 RAM
    • Pagefile:2771MB Used, 3071MB available
    • DirectX Version:12
    If you need any other information, just let me know, and I'll try to reply as soon and accurately as possible.
    Thanks in advance, and have a good morning/day/night.
    PS: The OS is 32-Bit, as listed above, but the processor is 64-Bit. Perks of building your own pc, I guess.

SLENDER RISING, Apr 4, 2020
  4. PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode....

Safe mode black screen

I tried to run my pc in safe mode and when i do that it's just giving me black screen with coursor.It's wierd because i saw this happen in normal mode but not in safe mode.Now i cant exit safe mode please help

pavlecvijovic, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode....

1. PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode.... - Similar Threads - shows black screen

2. PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode: This has gone on for almost a week. I was watching something on YouTube when my PC randomly shut off and restarted. Once I got onto the screen to sign in, I entered my PIN, and as it started signing me in, it does it all over again: shuts off, restarts. It kept doing this. I...
  3. PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode: This has gone on for almost a week. I was watching something on YouTube when my PC randomly shut off and restarted. Once I got onto the screen to sign in, I entered my PIN, and as it started signing me in, it does it all over again: shuts off, restarts. It kept doing this. I...
  4. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  5. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  6. Black Screen Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen Safe Mode not working: My computer has the black screen of death after updating. I have tried every solution I have come across online and nothing has worked because I cant get into anything from safe mode. Yes I got into safe mode the proper way. When I’m in it, the screen is black except the...
  7. Windows 10 screen randomly dies on normal mode but fine in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen randomly dies on normal mode but fine in safe mode: Hi, I need help My windows 10 laptop Acer ES 14 screen randomly dies but in safe mode it works fine. The power is ON while this happens, the screen just dies and I have to restart again to make it go away then minutes after start up, the screen dies Tried wiring it to a...
  8. Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode: Been a few days, done a ton of research and so far all the solutions ive read on dont fix my problem. To run down the situation: - I get a black screen after i login with only a cursor, but sometimes the screen goes back to normal temporarily, and when it does work...
  9. Black screen in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in Safe Mode: Hello, I'm using Windows 10. I wanted to go to Safe Mode to solve some issues with Discord. I did so by pressing Restart while holding the Shift Key. The description says I should see a list with startup options. Instead, the screen is black and the monitor receives no...
  10. safe mode black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    safe mode black screen: Check your nearby greenback store, craft shop or garden center for little, decorative rocks to scatter on tables. It is apparent that the 104 LED cord on a waist higher shrub will lose the shrub in the midst of the lights. As we move towards a greener environment, the...