Windows 10: PC shows me "Shutting Down" and turns off after about 10 seconds

Discus and support PC shows me "Shutting Down" and turns off after about 10 seconds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was watching a YouTube video and out of nowhere my PC just said "Shutting down" and turned itself off. When I turned it back on, it was starting up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dudjent, Feb 25, 2020.

1. PC shows me "Shutting Down" and turns off after about 10 seconds

I was watching a YouTube video and out of nowhere my PC just said "Shutting down" and turned itself off. When I turned it back on, it was starting up, and after a few seconds it said the same thing "Shutting down" I tried it again, this time with my Ethernet cable off, same result I then restarted it with Shift+Restart and ran it in Safe Mode It didn't happen this time around I checked the Run at Startup tab in Task Manager, MSConfig and did a scan on my PC with Malware Bytes, it said something was up, a file called CSRSS.EXE I quarantined it, turned on my PC again normally, and it just went into "Shutting down" Any ideas?

submitted by /u/dudjent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dudjent, Feb 25, 2020
  2. MartynasB Win User

PC only shuts down on a second try

Hello,

I posted here yesterday asking for help on a similar problem yesterday: GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown - Windows 10 Forums

Basically, what happens now is as follows: When I press shutdown from start menu and the PC screen goes black at the end of it, I can hear components stopping their work, but pretty much all fans keep working (PSU fan, case fans, GPU fans). They work for 20-30 seconds and then I hear a Mobo beep (the same one you hear when you turn on your PC) and the PC boots back like it's nothing. When I reach login screen and shut down again from there, the PC fans again keep spinning after components turn off, but only a few seconds this time. The PC components then turn on and immediately turn off together with the fans.

Sorry for the poor phrasing, English is not my native language and I try my best here.

This complicated double-take shut down process only began after I disabled fast startup in Windows 10 (some guys on various forums suggested that I do that). Before I disabled them, the problem was like the one I linked to in the beginning. The whole problem started after I installed a second HDD. During the installation I also removed the GPU to allow me to fix some cables.

Besides the shut down, the PC seems to be working just fine. No crashes, no BSODs - nothing. Only this strange shut down.

Things I've already tried:
    • Disabling fast startup
    • Removing my second hard drive
    • Changing its SATA plugs
    • Changing SATA cables
    • Changing HDD power connector cables
    • Removing and putting back the GPU
    • Updating chipset driver
    • Shutting down from login menu

MartynasB, Feb 25, 2020
  3. PC turns on for a split second then shuts off

hrm...so the original symptom is that your PC would turn itself off after a couple of seconds. you reset the bios and now it doesnt shut down, but instead it just sits at the screen as it looks for a network address? try resetting your bios again.

Easy Rhino, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Kordi Win User

PC shows me "Shutting Down" and turns off after about 10 seconds

Turning on/shutting down issue

Hello,
    I cannot turn on my PC at all until I unplug something, like when I try to turn it on it doesn't work, I unplug the Display port then I turn it on and after it turns on I replug it.
    I also have problems with shutting down, I sit the pc down from Windows and it shows me the "shutting down" thing and then it suddenly shuts off like it's been unplugged from the wall.
    I have my AC, phone, monitor, router and PC.
    And I'm using some extensions and adapters because the wall plug is pretty far.
    By the way I replaced my Mobo CPU, ram and GPU because the previous build had other problems.
    System Builder
    Thanks in advance.

Kordi, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

PC shows me "Shutting Down" and turns off after about 10 seconds

1. PC shows me "Shutting Down" and turns off after about 10 seconds - Similar Threads - shows Shutting Down

2. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  3. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  4. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down": My PC suddenly stopped turning off after I click on "Shut Down" on the Windows menu. Apps close, the screen goes dark, but my PC keeps running - for hours. The only way I can do a full power off is by depressing the power button for 5 - 10 seconds. Interstingly, the PC will...
  6. PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down": My PC suddenly stopped turning off after I click on "Shut Down" on the Windows menu. Apps close, the screen goes dark, but my PC keeps running - for hours. The only way I can do a full power off is by depressing the power button for 5 - 10 seconds. Interstingly, the PC will...
  7. Computer turning off after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  8. PC shuts down after a second when turned on

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down after a second when turned on: Hi! I have a problem w/ my PC. When power on is pressed, the cpu fan/heatsink, psu fan and power led will turn on for a second then turns off. I try to test my psu. connected to a paper clip to green and black pins then turn it on. the psu fan is spinning and it doesnt turn...
  9. PC shuts down after turning it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down after turning it on: Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I...
  10. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.: Hello, First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 On Power down, the first monitor (ASUS) will shut off, but the second (BenQ) will not. Thank you for your assistance....