Windows 10: PC shows Wrong PC name Windows 10

Discus and support PC shows Wrong PC name Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, this isn't a new problem - it is still unresolved but the previous thread was locked Previous thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by skysimonephoto, May 23, 2019.

1. PC shows Wrong PC name Windows 10

Hey guys, this isn't a new problem - it is still unresolved but the previous thread was locked

Previous thread

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ame-help/49f7d7ce-38e3-450f-8e3a-cb46abfb76ff

I tried all the suggestions and none worked

PC shows Wrong PC name Windows 10 6e4326a0-1d4a-4213-9bbd-a03daf4b3f0f?upload=true.jpg

if I go to the start menu and type "PC" this is where it should show my computer name, but instead it shows "COMPUTER (1)"

I've had a couple of Windows guru IT guys look at this new laptop I got last August (Asus ROG Strix) and they can't figure it out and as per my previous thread, the suggestions other microsoft staff members made did not resolve it

when I follow those instructions the system shows the name of the computer is Uncle Buck - but when I type PC it shows "Computer (1)" as per the screenshot

I shouldn't have to reinstall or format a brand new computer like this, I really want a solution please

:)

skysimonephoto, May 23, 2019

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 23, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

PC shows Wrong PC name Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2019
Thema:

PC shows Wrong PC name Windows 10

1. PC shows Wrong PC name Windows 10 - Similar Threads - shows Wrong name

2. Computer name not showing, reverts to "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer name not showing, reverts to "This PC": I'm using Window 11 Pro Version 23H2 Build 22631.3007, and I customized the computer name. When I check the Properties, under System >About, the custom computer name shows correctly, but the desktop icon says "This PC". Anyone know why it's doing that? How can I get it to...
  3. Computer name not showing, reverts to "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer name not showing, reverts to "This PC": I'm using Window 11 Pro Version 23H2 Build 22631.3007, and I customized the computer name. When I check the Properties, under System >About, the custom computer name shows correctly, but the desktop icon says "This PC". Anyone know why it's doing that? How can I get it to...
  4. Windows 10 Notifications showing wrong names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications showing wrong names: Hi everyone,I discovered a few days ago that almost all non-windows application's notification use either a name taken directly from the registry or use the real process name.Here's an example of notification for which some registry values are shown:And here's another example...
  5. Windows 10 Notifications showing wrong names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Notifications showing wrong names: Hi everyone,I discovered a few days ago that almost all non-windows application's notification use either a name taken directly from the registry or use the real process name.Here's an example of notification for which some registry values are shown:And here's another example...
  6. Windows 10 Notifications showing wrong names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC Login showing wrong name and won't accept microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Login showing wrong name and won't accept microsoft password: When starting my PC, the login screen shows a profile named "Thomas" with my profile picture. This is normally "Tj". It won't accept my windows password and can't do a system restore without it either. So I'm locked out of my PC. I have logged into another PC with my...
  8. PC Name - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Name - Windows 10: Hi guys. I have noticed my PC NAME changes itself. What causes this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-name-windows-10/f09931a7-bb5c-4424-a2f1-58928f8665cb
  9. Windows 10 This PC showing wrong icon

Windows 10 This PC showing wrong icon: Hello all, I have a unique issue with the following OS: Windows 10 (ver.1909) x64 Upgrade from Windows 7 x64 PC/Desktop I am able to change the icon associated with "This PC" in Desktop Icon Settings, and these changes do appear when I open File Explorer, however, the wrong...
  10. Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP

Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP: so in the settings section I renamed the PC.. When I go to 'rename pc' it shows the new name, but the start menu shows "Computer" as the name, instead of the new name I can't find any google answers either please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 name wrong