Windows 10: pc shut down during reset

Discus and support pc shut down during reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/murderducky1, Nov 12, 2020.

1. pc shut down during reset

hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone know where I can find the place to do that?

submitted by /u/murderducky1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/murderducky1, Nov 12, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Reset This PC doesn't give any errors but doesn't reset the PC

Hi,

To reset you device, follow the steps below:

• Shut down the tablet.
    • Press and hold power button and volume up button until the boot menu is loaded.
    • Select HDD recovery.
    • Tap Yes.
    • Select troubleshoot.
    • Select Reset your PC.
    • Follow the instruction on the screen to finish the procedure.
    Let us know how it goes

Reymichael Ros, Nov 12, 2020
  4. pc shut down during reset

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

pc shut down during reset

1. pc shut down during reset - Similar Threads - shut down during

2. Accidentally shut down my pc during reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally shut down my pc during reset: Hello, I accidentally shut down my pc while resetting it, and now it won't boot. It displays the Dell logo with loading dots and 'preparing' under it, and then I get an error message that states: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...
  3. Accidentally shut down my pc during reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally shut down my pc during reset: Hello, I accidentally shut down my pc while resetting it, and now it won't boot. It displays the Dell logo with loading dots and 'preparing' under it, and then I get an error message that states: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...
  4. Accidentally shut down my pc during reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  6. During reset was pc shut down

During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  7. Shut down power during resetting

Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  8. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  9. Shut down power during resetting

10. PC shutting down during update

PC shutting down during update: Hi i've been trying to update my win from 10240 to 2004 with both the media tool iso & update assistant but both times the PC shut down at 48% and then undoing changes. here is the log if it can help 2020-08-16 16:08:57, Error MOUPG...