Windows 10: pc shut down during reset

Discus and support pc shut down during reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/murderducky1, Nov 12, 2020.

1. pc shut down during reset

hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone know where I can find the place to do that?

submitted by /u/murderducky1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/murderducky1, Nov 12, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Reset This PC doesn't give any errors but doesn't reset the PC

Hi,

To reset you device, follow the steps below:

• Shut down the tablet.
    • Press and hold power button and volume up button until the boot menu is loaded.
    • Select HDD recovery.
    • Tap Yes.
    • Select troubleshoot.
    • Select Reset your PC.
    • Follow the instruction on the screen to finish the procedure.
    Let us know how it goes

Reymichael Ros, Nov 12, 2020
  4. pc shut down during reset

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

pc shut down during reset

1. pc shut down during reset - Similar Threads - shut down during

2. laptop shutting down during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop shutting down during startup: I had just found my old laptop, and I decided to reset it because I remember it was pretty slow, I thought it had a virus it kept spamming k. When I had come back it had shut down. so I turned it back on and went through the setup. I tried to open it up and access windows....
  3. Laptop shuts down during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down during startup: The laptop started restarting all of a sudden couple of days ago.I did factory reset but it did not work.My battery is dead but while plugging in same problem occurs.What should I do next?...
  4. Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down: Hi when the above happens, I'm getting a stop code appearing saying " Driver_Power_State_Failure. Any idea's anyone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-resetting-on-shut-down/b51363bb-4252-4636-8b05-4acd180cac8b
  5. PC crashing during restart and shut down process

PC crashing during restart and shut down process: Hi all, Ever since I upgraded my custom gaming PC replacing my existing Intel Core i5-6600 with a Ryzen 7 5800x, including a new motherboard, I have had a somewhat persistent issue. Most but not all of the time, when my PC restarts or shuts down, the entire system will...
  6. Windows Shuts down during update or reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Shuts down during update or reset: HI , This problem has come on my computer since i updated to 200102 update then every time i upgraded my computer it had shut during mid-update. I downgraded my computer and during the downgrade it shut down too but it was successful after turning it on then after the...
  7. PC shutting down during update

PC shutting down during update: Hi i've been trying to update my win from 10240 to 2004 with both the media tool iso & update assistant but both times the PC shut down at 48% and then undoing changes. here is the log if it can help 2020-08-16 16:08:57, Error MOUPG...
  8. My laptop shutting down during reset and turning back on

My laptop shutting down during reset and turning back on: I'm trying to reset my laptop so when it had reset everything it started download windows again, however once it came to 64% it would shut down start up on its own and greet me to a welcome screen once it starts loading for a second it says it's downloading windows then shuts...
  9. HP Pavilion g6 Laptop Keeps Shutting Down During PC Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavilion g6 Laptop Keeps Shutting Down During PC Reset: My HP Pavilion g6 computer has been repeatedly shutting down in the middle of a reset to the entire computer that would clear all the files and settings so I could start fresh. I want to wipe everything off, but once it's in the middle of resetting, it can't make it past 4%...
  10. PC continues to shut down during start up.

PC continues to shut down during start up.: I have been having this trouble for quite some time now, and have done what was suggested. It still continues to shut down during the first start up I do after it has been off for an hour or so. I have posted viewer files like asked. I have changed quick start up to slow...