Windows 10: PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly

Discus and support PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Legion running Windows 11. Last night, I was playing Elder Scrolls Online when the game locked up, so I force closed it. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JuneValjune, May 14, 2022.

1. PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly

I have a Lenovo Legion running Windows 11. Last night, I was playing Elder Scrolls Online when the game locked up, so I force closed it. Then I switched to my browser, and that froze up too, followed by the computer shutting down. I had to try three times before I could get it to start back up.This morning, I used the browser and it ran fine, but I lost the ability to adjust my screen brightness. The bar is missing from Settings, and I can't use my keyboard key to adjust it either. I followed these instructions to fix it, but it made no difference:https://appuals.com/brightness-not-working-win

:)

JuneValjune, May 14, 2022

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2022
  3. xarzu Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, May 14, 2022
  4. PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly

Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 14, 2022
Thema:

PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly

1. PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly - Similar Threads - shut down unexpectedly

2. PC unexpectedly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unexpectedly shutting down: While my PC idles, it will sometimes shut down for seemingly no reason. This is occurring on a new prebuilt PC, and has doesn't have anything to do with an automatic hard disk shut down. I have the dump files for all the occurrences....
  3. PC unexpectedly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC unexpectedly shutting down: While my PC idles, it will sometimes shut down for seemingly no reason. This is occurring on a new prebuilt PC, and has doesn't have anything to do with an automatic hard disk shut down. I have the dump files for all the occurrences....
  4. Games unexpectedly shut down pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games unexpectedly shut down pc: As the title says games steam run fine for few minutes then immediately shuts down and sometimes restarts the system. What's weird is few work fine but literally any/everything else I fired up from beefy titles like witcher 3 to several visual novels and indies which run on...
  5. Games unexpectedly shut down pc

Games unexpectedly shut down pc: As the title says games steam run fine for few minutes then immediately shuts down and sometimes restarts the system. What's weird is few work fine but literally any/everything else I fired up from beefy titles like witcher 3 to several visual novels and indies which run on...
  6. my pc crash and it shut down unexpectedly

my pc crash and it shut down unexpectedly: so I used WinDbg Preview to see the minidump file but I don't know what's wrong or how to fix ithttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1azWTQxrWcKbq1CY13q7JmtS_h1uozSV5?usp=sharing...
  7. my pc crash and it shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc crash and it shut down unexpectedly: so I used WinDbg Preview to see the minidump file but I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-crash-and-it-shut-down-unexpectedly/6e378807-0992-4eba-ae0f-41d31ac2c0db
  8. PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly: I have a Lenovo Legion running Windows 11. Last night, I was playing Elder Scrolls Online when the game locked up, so I force closed it. Then I switched to my browser, and that froze up too, followed by the computer shutting down. I had to try three times before I could get...
  9. PC unexpected shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC unexpected shut down: My pc lately has been shutting down for no reason. I changed the power cable and it still didn't help. I don't think that it is my PSU fault cause it didn't have this problem + it is a Gigabyte 700W PSU (B700H). I checked Event viewer and it was like this :...
  10. PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly.: Lately my PC has been shutting down out of the blue, in about 5 seconds at that. Also, upon turning it back on it starts up real slowly. This generally happens when playing games, however if I'm on the computer that's what I'm doing so not sure if that's a good assumption. No...