Windows 10: PC shut down while creating storage pool, now I can't access my external drive

Discus and support PC shut down while creating storage pool, now I can't access my external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was messing with storage settings and came across the storage pool option. I decided to add my PC drive and external drive to a pool, but then I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FlishAsk, Jan 14, 2022.

1. FlishAsk Win User

PC shut down while creating storage pool, now I can't access my external drive

I was messing with storage settings and came across the storage pool option. I decided to add my PC drive and external drive to a pool, but then I saw that files would be deleted if I did this, and there were no cancel buttons anywhere, so I shut down the PC dumb move, I know. Upon reloading Windows and looking at the storage pool settings, my PC desk is now under the "formatted drives" section, and the portable drive is in the "unformatted drives" section. The files in Disk 0 are accessible just as they always were, but after doing this, I am unable to access the Seagate Portable disk. It d

:)

FlishAsk, Jan 14, 2022

2. Creating Storage Pool..Please HELP!

Use your external Storage for storage. That's what most people do.

Creating a Storage pool is unnecessary and risky. You should only do it with internal drives anyway.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Jan 14, 2022
  3. create storage pool

I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged
    in a new storage device and tried to create a new storage pool. I keep getting the error r unable to create because it is being used by other apps.

RussellGlidewell, Jan 14, 2022
  4. zprewitt Win User

Using Storage Spaces, unable to add additional external drive to the pool

I currently have two internal drives and an external drive in my storage pool. I want to add an additional external drive, but when I click Add Drive and it takes me to the selection screen, my drive doesn't appear. I can see it in explorer as well as
    my device manager. Any suggestions?

zprewitt, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. PC shut down while creating storage pool, now I can't access my external drive - Similar Threads - shut down while

2. My pc shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shuts down while gaming: When i play any game even if it was a small game it will crash. I format my pc and also didn’t work and i tried my graphics card in my friend pc and it work.Can anyone help me...
  3. My pc shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc shuts down while gaming: When i play any game even if it was a small game it will crash. I format my pc and also didn’t work and i tried my graphics card in my friend pc and it work.Can anyone help me...
  4. PC shut down while creating storage pool, now I can't access my external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shut down while creating storage pool, now I can't access my external drive: I was messing with storage settings and came across the storage pool option. I decided to add my PC drive and external drive to a pool, but then I saw that files would be deleted if I did this, and there were no cancel buttons anywhere, so I shut down the PC dumb move, I...
  5. PC shut down while creating storage pool, now I can't access my external drive

PC shut down while creating storage pool, now I can't access my external drive: I was messing with storage settings and came across the storage pool option. I decided to add my PC drive and external drive to a pool, but then I saw that files would be deleted if I did this, and there were no cancel buttons anywhere, so I shut down the PC dumb move, I...
  6. Storage pool failed drive

Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  7. create storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create storage pool: I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged in a new storage...
  8. Storage Pool deleted external drive and all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Pool deleted external drive and all files: I chose this thread because it's the most recent i could find related to storage pool. I just posted in TechNet but after doing so it looks like that is for technicians. I am just a home user and after a Windows update it added this Storage Pool. As I mention in my note...
  9. c drive can I create a path for c drive storage to be pooled with external driveso I can...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    c drive can I create a path for c drive storage to be pooled with external driveso I can...: I know they're has 2 b a way to add to c drive storage somehow . and can a pathway b created to external drive or does it (pathway have to be external hard drive pathway to c? or can I do this in f10 orf2 boot or a pooling of drives...
  10. I can't shut down my PC.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I can't shut down my PC.: In the past, my PC was running Windows 8, but I liked Windows 10 more, so I upgraded, but then a problem occurs. If I put my PC to hibernate, sleep or to shut down, it just restarts, so I use the power button to shut it down, but I don't think that's good for the PC. Even...