Windows 10: PC shut off radnomly, now unable to even get to a login screen...

Discus and support PC shut off radnomly, now unable to even get to a login screen... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New to the forum, so if I make a mistake in the presenation, please, I apologize in advance. Yesturday (Thursday) I was playing Destiny 2 for most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eriith, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Eriith Win User

PC shut off radnomly, now unable to even get to a login screen...

New to the forum, so if I make a mistake in the presenation, please, I apologize in advance.
    Yesturday (Thursday) I was playing Destiny 2 for most of the day, and nearing the night time, around 8pm, my computer (Not in game, on the internet) monitors went black, though there was the windows bar on my second monitor present, that was it. I restarted the computer from there, and was presented with the blue screen of death! This is one of, if not the only time I have been in this siutation where the blue screen of death was there, so I let the computer restart, though it did not restart, it merely turned off and did nothing. I turned the PC back on, and yet again, blue screen of death, same thing. I tried once more, hoping for change (Insanity?) and surprsingly there was, I was presented with something that gave me options, to restart or to go to advanced options. After about 2 hours of messing around, and finding that everytime I reset the computer either ran into a problem and will restart (Won't restart, will just turn off, nothing will happen even after 10 minutes or so, not just being impatient.) I finnaly decided I would rather just reset my PC, files and all, and re-download everything if it meant this would all go away, as my PC is something I hold dear to me, and would be petrified if it broke so unexpectaly (Or at all). I tried doing a reset, to keep files and reset, but after a few minutes of the process, my computer responded saying it ran into a problem, and no changes were made. I am currently writing this in school, and will not be home until tomorrow evening, so any suggestions on what to do would be just amazing. I do plan on trying windows Safe mode, and trying to scan the drives and such using the command prompt. I am not super experienced with these things, and am really nervous for what will happen.

Windows version number 1709 (Can't have access to my computer because of reasons above, so this is off the internet for the latest number?)

:)

Eriith, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Feb 1, 2020
  4. PC shut off radnomly, now unable to even get to a login screen...

Login changed by Candy crush, unable to login

Hi Abdul,

• Do you get any error message when you try to login?
    • Did you try to login using Onscreen keyboard?

Initially, try to login your system using Onscreen keyboard and check if this helps.

On your login screen, click on Ease of access (bottom right corner of the screen) and select
    Onscreen keyboard.

Type your password and check if you are able to access.

Also, make sure NumLock key is not turned OFF on your keyboard.

If you still unable to login, then try with the below steps.

• Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the
      Shift key and select the Power button, and then select
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.

• Select the restore point created prior to this problem and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your PC to earlier point of time.

• Now try to boot your PC into normal mode and see if it works.

Kindly let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

PC shut off radnomly, now unable to even get to a login screen...

1. PC shut off radnomly, now unable to even get to a login screen... - Similar Threads - shut off radnomly

2. PC shuts off, bsod and black screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts off, bsod and black screens: I have a issue with my pc shutting off consistently during games. I have replaced my psu thinking it was the issue, that didn't help. Now I'm thinking it might be my gpu. I switched the gpu out for a older one I have and had no issues. When I put my current gpu back in, the...
  3. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  4. Computer screen shuts off.

Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  5. Screen shuts off

Screen shuts off: Hello, I have an hp pavillion dy0001nxI just bought it yesterday and when im using tablet mode and using pen the screen suddenly turned off even it was 100%. And when it didnt the urn on normally by pressing the button. I had to plug it in and then when it turned on it had 2%...
  6. Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?: Hello, Have a new LG Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?) I want the screen to shut off after 5 minutes. So, I have it set to that. But, it always comes back on by itself. Absolutely no vibration or jiggling of the keyboard, etc. that might...
  7. Blue Screen then shut off

Blue Screen then shut off: So when I turn on my home PC I get the blue screen with the stop code 0xc0000135 it then shuts off after reaching 100%. Then when I go to the automatic repair and try to uninstall the recent update and it asks for my account password and then proceeds to tell me it's...
  8. Unable to take caps off at login screen only

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to take caps off at login screen only: This issue only happens on the login screen after booting up. Dell Inspiron 1525, windows 10 with all the latest updates. The letters are all in caps and instead of numbers its the cap equivalent, i.e. ! instead of 1. The caps lock is NOT on. If I sign out and log in to...
  9. Unable to take caps off at login screen only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to take caps off at login screen only: This issue only happens on the login screen after booting up. Dell Inspiron 1525, windows 10 with all the latest updates. The letters are all in caps and instead of numbers its the cap equivalent, i.e. ! instead of 1. The caps lock is NOT on. If I sign out and log in to...
  10. PC shut off randomly, now it won't stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC shut off randomly, now it won't stay on: So, Friday, I was in the middle of some paperwork, when my PC shut off seemingly randomly. No crash, no sounds or beeps, just powered off. I turned it back on, and it turned off again after a few seconds, then turned itself on a couple seconds later, then off, then on, and so...