Windows 10: Pc shutdown. Psu or cpu issue?

Discus and support Pc shutdown. Psu or cpu issue? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi i have had random bsod issues relating to ntoskl.exe even while browsing. I was advised to do memcheck but it causes shutdown after about 3 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JamesRigby, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Pc shutdown. Psu or cpu issue?

Hi i have had random bsod issues relating to ntoskl.exe even while browsing. I was advised to do memcheck but it causes shutdown after about 3 minutes running the memtest(memory diagnostic runs fine). I have removed/swapped the ram etc so dont think thats the problem plus im sure this would come up with errors rather than a shut down. I therefore think its either cpu overheat or the psu. Can i test the psu without buying an expensive meter? The cpu seems to run at 45-50 in bios and 30-50 whilst browsing via heat monitor so not sure will be that...

Any help would be great. Thanks

:)

JamesRigby, Jan 14, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Jan 14, 2019
  3. PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Pc shutdown. Psu or cpu issue?

little cat, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Pc shutdown. Psu or cpu issue?

1. Pc shutdown. Psu or cpu issue? - Similar Threads - shutdown Psu cpu

2. Psu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Psu: Greetings, Not sure if it’s windows related. As a routine, after I shut down computer on windows, I power off my surge protector, which shuts off my psu. Strange thing, when I flip the switch to my surge protector on, my computer turns on without me pushing the case on...
  3. Psu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Psu: Greetings, Not sure if it’s windows related. As a routine, after I shut down computer on windows, I power off my surge protector, which shuts off my psu. Strange thing, when I flip the switch to my surge protector on, my computer turns on without me pushing the case on...
  4. Computer issue, psu, gpu ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer issue, psu, gpu ??: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArWaN6TlYgR8hxNqUyBtTkGby5zW?e=t5p0yI these are the dump files leading to the crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-issue-psu-gpu/4b037f23-c365-4bcf-a42a-e759c0931130
  5. Computer issue, psu, gpu ??

Computer issue, psu, gpu ??: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArWaN6TlYgR8hxNqUyBtTkGby5zW?e=t5p0yI these are the dump files leading to the crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-issue-psu-gpu/4b037f23-c365-4bcf-a42a-e759c0931130
  6. PSU

PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  7. psu cool master gx 750 psu gpu or cpu power cutting out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    psu cool master gx 750 psu gpu or cpu power cutting out: Hello i have a problem with my coolmaster gx 750 watt psu its gold rated windows runs fine but any sort of gaming and the psu powers of and resets the pc with complete power failure iv ordered a g2 super nova evga but want to know if this is still usesble it was working until...
  8. psu cool master gx 750 psu gpu or cpu power cutting out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    psu cool master gx 750 psu gpu or cpu power cutting out: Hello i have a problem with my coolmaster gx 750 watt psu its gold rated windows runs fine but any sort of gaming and the psu powers of and resets the pc with complete power failure iv ordered a g2 super nova evga but want to know if this is still usesble it was working until...
  9. psu cool master gx 750 psu gpu or cpu power cutting out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 10 Home does not shutdown PC(PSU still working)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home does not shutdown PC(PSU still working): Helo everyone! Don't really now where to ask this question. I have a strange issue... I have some old PC desktop where I have Win10Home and ArchLinux installed. Yesterday I replaced BIOS chip due to some issues with the old one on my mobo. And since then every time I turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 psu issue