Windows 10: PC Shutdown

Discus and support PC Shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get this critical error id kernel 41 saying "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by schan_lee, Jan 16, 2020.

1. schan_lee Win User

PC Shutdown

I get this critical error id kernel 41 saying "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." time to time. I have not experienced any shutdowns or crashes when i check those times said in the event viewer. It was just a typical shutdown or restart. What can i do?

PC Shutdown 54c98ab9-8327-4858-870a-5e3e8966ad66?upload=true.png PC Shutdown 472e818b-7846-46d8-9e64-7db586710e4d?upload=true.png

:)

schan_lee, Jan 16, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jan 16, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Jan 16, 2020
  4. PC Shutdown

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

PC Shutdown

1. PC Shutdown - Similar Threads - Shutdown

2. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  3. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  4. Windows key forces computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows key forces computer shutdown: Basically, every time i press the Windows key, my computer just immediately shuts off.The problem started today, how can i fix it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-forces-computer-shutdown/e8f2d435-0223-4fca-b638-8f19f4bb1853
  5. Windows key forces computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key forces computer shutdown: Basically, every time i press the Windows key, my computer just immediately shuts off.The problem started today, how can i fix it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-forces-computer-shutdown/e8f2d435-0223-4fca-b638-8f19f4bb1853
  6. Windows key forces computer shutdown

7. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  8. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  9. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

10. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing: my hp computer is stuck on loading screen after an update and shutdown i accidenty force shut it down because i forgot about the update moreover the update screen wasnt there so i didnt know it was updating what do i do it has been stuck on the loading sreen for the past hour...