Windows 10: PC Shutdowns

Discus and support PC Shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I am experiencing intermittent shutdown of my PC. These shutdowns can occur days apart, sometimes twice in one day. The PC can be running for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Curiousroblin, Apr 25, 2020.

1. PC Shutdowns

Hello

I am experiencing intermittent shutdown of my PC. These shutdowns can occur days apart, sometimes twice in one day. The PC can be running for hours with no problem before a shutdown. At times it has shutdown within a few minutes from booting. The PC automatically restarts after each shutdown. I have doubts it could be temperature related as the PC can run for two hours or more while copying many Gbs of data.

On one occasion a shutdown occurred before the Dell splash appeared but again restarted normally.

PC Info: Dell Inspiron 560, OS Windows 10, 4 Gb memory, HDD recently installed 1Tb.

The event viewer only records event 41 for any critical event. Is there any other information which can be obtained from event viewer?

I have unchecked “fast startup”

I would grateful for any opinions re this problem.

Scottie

:)

Curiousroblin, Apr 25, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Apr 25, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Apr 25, 2020
  4. PC Shutdowns

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

PC Shutdowns

1. PC Shutdowns - Similar Threads - Shutdowns

2. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  3. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  4. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...
  5. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...
  6. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

7. The pc not charging in shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The pc not charging in shutdown mode.: My pc does not charge when it is in hibernate mode. Please help me ! My pc is lenovo Yoga slim 6i and it has been one month since i purchased it. It works perfectly and charges fine but when i shutdown the laptop, it does not charge not even a single percent ....
  8. The pc not charging in shutdown mode.

The pc not charging in shutdown mode.: My pc does not charge when it is in hibernate mode. Please help me ! My pc is lenovo Yoga slim 6i and it has been one month since i purchased it. It works perfectly and charges fine but when i shutdown the laptop, it does not charge not even a single percent ....
  9. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  10. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...