Windows 10: PC shuts down 1 second after windows 10 logo appears

Discus and support PC shuts down 1 second after windows 10 logo appears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was cleaning my pc today and removed and reinstalled all my components to clear out dust. After putting everything back together again, my pc shuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Byakurai, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Byakurai Win User

PC shuts down 1 second after windows 10 logo appears

I was cleaning my pc today and removed and reinstalled all my components to clear out dust.
    After putting everything back together again, my pc shuts down as soon as the windows 10 logo appears. I've booted multiple times and this issue persists.

I have two hard drive, windows 10 OS is installed on a SSD and windows xp installed on regular HDD. When I go into bios to change boot order windows xp will load and everything works fine.
    However when I change boot order to my SSD, windows 10 will not load and pc just shuts down as soon as the logo appears. The loading animation doesn't even get a chance to start.
    I can't get into windows 10 so I can't run any thing which may help.
    Please could someone let me know what I could do? I'm worried that somehow my SSD broke which I think is unlikely.

:)

Byakurai, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2020
  3. sttubs Win User
    New build shuts down after a short time

It does post & goes through BIOS then to hard drive, shortly after that it shuts down.

sttubs, Feb 2, 2020
  4. MartynasB Win User

PC only shuts down on a second try

Hello,

I posted here yesterday asking for help on a similar problem yesterday: GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown - Windows 10 Forums

Basically, what happens now is as follows: When I press shutdown from start menu and the PC screen goes black at the end of it, I can hear components stopping their work, but pretty much all fans keep working (PSU fan, case fans, GPU fans). They work for 20-30 seconds and then I hear a Mobo beep (the same one you hear when you turn on your PC) and the PC boots back like it's nothing. When I reach login screen and shut down again from there, the PC fans again keep spinning after components turn off, but only a few seconds this time. The PC components then turn on and immediately turn off together with the fans.

Sorry for the poor phrasing, English is not my native language and I try my best here.

This complicated double-take shut down process only began after I disabled fast startup in Windows 10 (some guys on various forums suggested that I do that). Before I disabled them, the problem was like the one I linked to in the beginning. The whole problem started after I installed a second HDD. During the installation I also removed the GPU to allow me to fix some cables.

Besides the shut down, the PC seems to be working just fine. No crashes, no BSODs - nothing. Only this strange shut down.

Things I've already tried:
    • Disabling fast startup
    • Removing my second hard drive
    • Changing its SATA plugs
    • Changing SATA cables
    • Changing HDD power connector cables
    • Removing and putting back the GPU
    • Updating chipset driver
    • Shutting down from login menu

MartynasB, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. PC shuts down 1 second after windows 10 logo appears - Similar Threads - shuts down second

2. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!: Help!!! You're about to be signed out!!!!Windows will shut down in 1 minute!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-shut-down-in-1-minute/61479a10-0dd4-4e92-afdd-50ea3b7d8bc2
  3. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  4. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  5. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Automatically shutting down after 1 hour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Automatically shutting down after 1 hour: Hello guys, Can anyone help me with that problem from yesterday my Windows 10 is going to automatically shutting down while i am working on it or still its idle also.I have tried every method but nothing works.Its 90 day trial version.70 days more remain active.From...
  7. PC Runs for half a second then shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Runs for half a second then shuts down: Hello, I have a newer PC. I just installed a new MoBo today. I was done and ready to load the OS (Windows 10 Pro) I turned on the PC and the fans ran for about half a second then shut down. I checked all my connections and they were good. Including the header for the switches...
  8. PC shuts down seconds after logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down seconds after logging in: It just started happening about 35 minutes prior to posting this. I was burning a dvd and the pc attempted to shut down, but I kept mashing the escape key until the dvd finished burning. I then let it shut down. But upon reboot and login, cmd starts and then pc shuts down...
  9. PC shuts down after a second when turned on

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down after a second when turned on: Hi! I have a problem w/ my PC. When power on is pressed, the cpu fan/heatsink, psu fan and power led will turn on for a second then turns off. I try to test my psu. connected to a paper clip to green and black pins then turn it on. the psu fan is spinning and it doesnt turn...
  10. PC only shuts down on a second try

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC only shuts down on a second try: Hello, I posted here yesterday asking for help on a similar problem yesterday: GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown - Windows 10 Forums Basically, what happens now is as follows: When I press shutdown from start menu and the PC screen goes...