Windows 10: PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

Discus and support PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc asked to update, so I did. I came back to it after about an hour and found nothing but a black screen. After trying to wake it up with both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by user_101mx, Aug 10, 2022.

1. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

My pc asked to update, so I did. I came back to it after about an hour and found nothing but a black screen. After trying to wake it up with both keyboard and mouse I shut it off by holding the power button. Turned it back on and found the same black screen. Repeated process a couple times. Then shut it off and switched the display port input from the motherboard to the graphics card. Turned it back on and it worked, but now my pc had blue screened and was in an auto repair loop. I tried everything, restarting it, ran chkdsk /r in command prompt, startup repair, going back to previous version,

:)

user_101mx, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Kordi Win User

Turning on/shutting down issue

Hello,
    I cannot turn on my PC at all until I unplug something, like when I try to turn it on it doesn't work, I unplug the Display port then I turn it on and after it turns on I replug it.
    I also have problems with shutting down, I sit the pc down from Windows and it shows me the "shutting down" thing and then it suddenly shuts off like it's been unplugged from the wall.
    I have my AC, phone, monitor, router and PC.
    And I'm using some extensions and adapters because the wall plug is pretty far.
    By the way I replaced my Mobo CPU, ram and GPU because the previous build had other problems.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LBvXWX
    Thanks in advance.

Kordi, Aug 10, 2022
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 10, 2022
  4. V45CH3 Win User

PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

PC shuts down after turning it on

Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I press the power button one more time it turns on and loads windows perfectly. This is a problem for me because I cannot hibernate anymore, since everytime I hibernate and then press the power button for the first time the computer shuts off. I don't know what else to do. What do you suggest? Has this ever happened to anyone? Thanks.

V45CH3, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

1. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on. - Similar Threads - shuts down soon

2. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.: My pc asked to update, so I did. I came back to it after about an hour and found nothing but a black screen. After trying to wake it up with both keyboard and mouse I shut it off by holding the power button. Turned it back on and found the same black screen. Repeated process...
  3. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.: My pc asked to update, so I did. I came back to it after about an hour and found nothing but a black screen. After trying to wake it up with both keyboard and mouse I shut it off by holding the power button. Turned it back on and found the same black screen. Repeated process...
  4. PC turns on after Shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  5. PC turns on after Shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  6. PC needed to be shut down and turned on again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC needed to be shut down and turned on again: So recently, Out of knowhere my PC has suddenly started acting strange. Whenever I turn on my PC it will do its thing. So I open steam like I usually do and play a game to suddenly find steam not responding and the app crashing. So I shut down the PC and Turn it back on again...
  7. Laptop turns itself back on as soon as shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns itself back on as soon as shutting down: My laptop has been turning itself right back on as soon as I shut it down. I have tried several different things from deactivating mouse, keyboard and bluetooth devices from waking the computer up to running system scan to fix corrupt files. I also tried turning off fast...
  8. Computer shutting down soon after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down soon after startup: I installed new ram a few weeks ago, been fine so far. Crashed last night but managed to use all day today. Crashed again and since then hasn't managed to survive for more than 5 minutes. Every time it does not bluescreen, it just acts as if the cable was pulled, and...
  9. Win10: Wifi gone as soon as I shut down the PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10: Wifi gone as soon as I shut down the PC: Hello, I received my HP Laptop (for work) in January. All was working well for about a month. Now, about 2 weeks ago, I noticed when I shut down the pc, my Wifi disappears. All devices I have that are well connected to Wifi throughout the day suddenly disconnect. When I try...
  10. PC shuts down after turning it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down after turning it on: Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I...